LegacyGT.com

Anybody had this happen before

Well I had this funny noise from under the bonnet it sounded like a electrical buzzing so I poked around under the bonnet and found nothing

I looked under the car and using a screwdriver looking for noises and out of luck I put my hand on the oil filter something didn't feel right it was vibrating I've never felt this before especially around the centre of the filter i think where the anti drain back valve is

the oil filter looked fine inside aswell it think something internal in the filter was vibrating

any way long story short i put a new oil filter on (different brand) and its fixed have a look at the vids

Has anybody ever seen this before?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl222eWpHpE&feature=plcp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl222eWpHpE&feature=plcp[/ame]

wow wtf... That noise would freak me the eff out!

Cut the old filter open and see whats up. Some of them have an anti drain back valve that might have been acting up. Also, I'm not sure if this is the case for Subaru's but some machinery has a filter restriction bypass/relief valve to keep the filter from blowing up or from damaging the pump, or with system temperature increases from the restriction. That valve can be noisy on purpose to alert operators that there is a restriction.

Thats all I've got. Glad it was a simple fix!

wow wtf... That noise would freak me the eff out!

Cut the old filter open and see whats up. Some of them have an anti drain back valve that might have been acting up. Also, I'm not sure if this is the case for Subaru's but some machinery has a filter restriction bypass/relief valve to keep the filter from blowing up or from damaging the pump, or with system temperature increases from the restriction. That valve can be noisy on purpose to alert operators that there is a restriction.

Thats all I've got. Glad it was a simple fix!

I Left it in the oil filter tub hopefully it's still there when i go back to the shop

If I find the filter in the tub I defently will cut it open

That's an interesting point about the restriction noise thing I wonder if it applys to oil filters

Archived