LegacyGT.com

Good place to buy auto ramps?

@miles: I was actually looking at that same link. But unfortunately, I don't have any space to easily store them. No garage, only a 1 car driveway :(

@xero: I have a 2 and a half finger-gap in the front, and 2 in the rear, how about you? And, no, I'm not worried about scraping, but pushing the ramps instead of going over them.

@climber: What kinda ramps?

@DirtyDan: You by North Jersey? Can I come over? :D

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Black plastic ones from auto parts stores. I got mine from AutoZone. Probably Rhino branded. Never cared to look.

I keep them in my closet in black trash bags. I too have no garage.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Well....I kinda cheat by using the lip of my garage . By this I mean if you have a slightly inclined driveway and you put the ramp right against the lip of the garage where there is a 1 inch increase in height from driveway to garage it gives you extra clearance, and added room under the car =). But seriously The rhino ramps should work, if they don't just return them??

Couldn't get on my rhino ramps anymore after being lowered with a front lip. Got these: http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/in+your+garage/jacks+%26+stands/low+profile+ramps+with+extension+kit.do?search=basic&keyword=ramps&sortby=newArrivals&page=1 and they work very well.

Same here, I was fine when the car was just lowered on Stechs, ramp would brush my bumper a little when going up. But now with the front lip cant even come close. I just bought a big floor jack to solve the problem.

This is exactly what I did but only 3 levels high and I installed handles on the sidesand I've had mine for about three years now without issues.

They really don't take up that much space. The Mustang (for lack of a better word, moron) made them much too long. You only need enough platform to rest the tire on.

If building your own remember that you are going to put it up on jackstands for 90% of what you do anyway. It's for this reason I'm getting rid of mine for some Tomioka racing ramps. Just enough to help me get a jack under it. Heck I may try 4 of them to save time.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/news/mwramps/index.htm

Had these for over 6 years and still work great. Very sturdy and only complaint is they are heavy as 5h1t to move!

not bad for only $42 dollars though :)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

just build something to set your tires on thats as high as you want it, jack the car up, put them under tires, lower jack.. use jack stands as a secondary precaution. I don't see whats so hard about that..

if your car is too low to jack, get some ingenuity and drive the car on to some boards to get a jack under.

Cheap and easy..

^ I don't have a garage, only a 1-car driveway, at a slight incline. Which is why a set of ramps will work best for me in my situation. No jacks or stands readily available, nor would they be recommended to use given my workspace.

I'll give the Rhino Ramps a shot, as I'll only be installing an FSB and steering rack bushings before my car goes on the lift on Saturday for Koni's, LCA bushings and roll center kit (so essited!). It'd also be nice to finally tackle my own oil changes!

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I'll give the Rhino Ramps a shot, as I'll only be installing an FSB and steering rack bushings before my car goes on the lift on Saturday for Koni's, LCA bushings and roll center kit (so essited!). It'd also be nice to finally tackle my own oil changes!

You could totally do your own oil changes with out using ramps, though they do make it easier. However.. since you said your driveway is on an incline, you should be mindful its highly recommended to do oil changes on level ground so you can drain out most of the oil. What you could do is put the car on the ramps and then jack stands in the back to level it out and jack in the rear for stability with safety.

I work under my car all the time with just jack stands. Right now my car is 2 ft off the garage floor sitting on stands. I jump in the cabin and work on stuff like that too or hang over the hood with out worry. You just have to make sure you place the stands wide enough so its a good load bearing base to balance the weight. 2000+ lb's doesn't move so easily ;-)

It's for this reason I'm getting rid of mine for some Tomioka racing ramps. Just enough to help me get a jack under it. Heck I may try 4 of them to save time.

I got four of these ramps for less than a pair of the Tomioka ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOUR-COMPOSITE-PLASTIC-CAR-AUTOMOTIVE-RAMPS-STANDS-LIFT-/310315176237?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item484039d12d

Archived