LegacyGT.com

Car Will not stay running, Please help!

I have a 1998 Subaru Legacy gt limited.

Right now my car will only start and stay running if it connected with jump cables. When the cables are removed the tachometer drops to 0, the lights dim, radio and interior lights shut off. and soon after the car dies. I am wondering if anyone knows how i can take care of this? I already checked the connection of the battery and alternator, that is all good but now i dont know what to do..Please Help!

Yup, sounds like the alternator died and caused your battery to drain. If you disconnected the jumper cables the car should have stayed on if the alternator was still good, regardless if the battery was dead. Your battery might still be good if you give it a good charge.
My wife's balls are delicious.

• I Donated
Subaru has a recall on the alternators. Register on mysubaru.com and you will be able to see if the recall has been done on your car. If it hasn't, you have a free alternator waiting for you at your local dealer.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Subaru has a recall on the alternators. Register on mysubaru.com and you will be able to see if the recall has been done on your car. If it hasn't, you have a free alternator waiting for you at your local dealer.

how long are those recalls good for? always wondered that.

Thanks man i will def look into that!

Do you have to be the original owner for this? or just the current owner

Archived