LegacyGT.com

Transmission Fluid Change (yes I have used the search button)

2007 Legacy GT

Got an easy question. I want to change my transmission fluid and I have read through the forums however I have not been able to find the exact answer.

I have Subaru oil in the tranny however the dealers around me are out for some reason so I want to change it to Castrol synthetic 75/90.

I don't know what the last Subaru dealer put in there either.

1) Is it a simple "unscrew with T70 Torx" flush or is there an additional reservoir with tranny oil that needs flushing too (I heard that there is on some cars and changing oils requires a full flush).

??

Never heard of a reservoir. If you want to maximize the draining of the trans, leave the plug out while you jack up the rear and change the diff fluid.

Seems like a stupid noob question but I need to be sure.

Rear diff fluid and tranny fluid aren't physically connected by one reservoir right? Just want to make sure.

Tust me on this, don't use Castrol synthetic 75/90, you will get the famous 4th gear grind. I've used this before, along with several other members, and most of us started having this problem. Once I switched back to Subaru Extra-S, the problem was fixed. Gear box is smooth as butter. I bought mine off of ebay, and some of the vendors on here sells it as well.

No need for a flush, just drain and fill. Same with the rear diff.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived