LegacyGT.com

Looking to borrow a concrete saw and/or jack hammer

BarManBean

• Moderators

This is pretty random, but if anyone in the area (I'm in Springfield, VA) has access to a concrete saw and/or a jack hammer I'd love to borrow one or both. Willing to pay a rental fee.

Let me know what you've got. Happy to provide collateral for the tools of some sort, just let me know what you're comfortable with. Tools will be used to cut a trench in a basement subfloor approx 12" wide and 12' long and also to remove a strip of driveway approx 6" wide and 20' long.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

you will need an electric saw for the basement or the fumes will kill you. I cut concrete for a living and have been to more than 1 home owner who tried to run a gas saw in the basement of their house. for what it will cost you in rental and your own time I would call and get prices. any concrete cutting contractor should have 480 electric saws that they can use in your basement along with the generator. they should provide a shop vac to suck up the slurry and help with the removal. it does not sound like you have a whole lot so it should not be that bad as far as cost go.

• Moderators
you will need an electric saw for the basement or the fumes will kill you. I cut concrete for a living and have been to more than 1 home owner who tried to run a gas saw in the basement of their house. for what it will cost you in rental and your own time I would call and get prices. any concrete cutting contractor should have 480 electric saws that they can use in your basement along with the generator. they should provide a shop vac to suck up the slurry and help with the removal. it does not sound like you have a whole lot so it should not be that bad as far as cost go.

I'm going to sheet off the whole room, it has a door and a window that will be open with fans, and I have a full respirator--I'm of the stubborn mindset that a gas saw would be alright, although not ideal. Either way, if I rent the tool it will be a 230-volt electric saw. I should be able to plug this into the electrical outlet for my clothes dryer I would think.

I put an add up on CL yesterday and have a ton of response. Looks like I might be able to get someone to come in and do it for $350-500. Since it's $200 to rent the tools alone, that's starting to sound more than reasonable.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Respirators do not save you from fumes only particulates. I was thinking 400 give or take. The fumes will also get into fabric and leave residual smell. 2 cycle is awful. 230v will take forever and break your back. we have partner 220v and they are nice, but 480v or hydrologic hand tools are the way to go. Besides, if you cook the electric saw it will get expensive and I would bed lying if I said I never did that.....once or twice.

Archived