LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT -115k miles - $8k

A_Yau

I would stay away from it. He is 10,000 miles over his timing belt/ water pump change, so who knows what else he has been lazy about maintaining it.

Here is what you need to do.

Get your post count up to 10 posts.

Then start looking for Legacys in the "For Sale- Cars" section of this forum. There are a ton of 05-06 LGTs for sale right now. And most of them are the Limited model, which has a leather interior, and many other nice things, and most of them are the same price or cheaper than the $8,000 questionable LGT on here.

If you look at some of the other threads on the Pre-Purchase questions, they tell you what you need to look for on a used Legacy.

1. Maint. Records, oil changed every 3k.

2. Has it been modified? Look at the turbo and DP and UP.

3. Compression test to look for a broken ringland. (search for it on the forum, it will scare you)

Hope this helps. And props to you for looking on here before buying one, I didn't.

• Moderators

I'm never a fan of someone who doesn't adequately describe a vehicle in an add. He takes all the time to write one single line of text and expects you to consider shelling out $8k of your hard-earned dollars. No thanks, you lazy ****.

If he puts similar effort into maintaining his vehicle as he does in selling it then that car is likely not worth your time.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks guys. I've been reading all the stickies and researching hard. I'm also aware of the ringland failures/ head gasket problems on Subaru's.

Although, I prefer to purchase a LGT locally; so chances of finding a good one is low. :(

Archived