LegacyGT.com

Oil change tomorrow.. Amsoil options??

I was wondering if anyone has ran the 5w40 European amsoil --- oil.

I'm between that and 5w30 european and also 5w30 extended life.

The prices are close enough not to influence my decision.. I just want the best oil for the beast.

I plan on switching viscosities for winter driving, so I don't need a viscosity for cold temps!

Boy, you must be new here.

Both my cars are on European 5w-40, I chose it because it meets the standards for turbo's. A lot of us run 5w-40 oil in these cars. I use their EA15K13 filter and have decided on 5000 OCI.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Boy, you must be new here.

Both my cars are on European 5w-40, I chose it because it meets the standards for turbo's. A lot of us run 5w-40 oil in these cars. I use their EA15K13 filter and have decided on 5000 OCI.

Yep.. New here. I think it shows my post count too somewhere.... :rolleyes:

First turbo car, trying not to make any stupid mistakes.

Thanks for the info

Good, I think you'll like it. Most of the high end oils are about the same more or less. Like I said, I decided to go with 5000 mile OCI, I may bump that up to 6000. I have a couple of reports from Blackstone Labs at 7500 miles saying to take a sample at 10,000 but I think I'll just save the lab fee and change it out a little sooner.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived