LegacyGT.com

Alternator noise in stereo.

fullmonte77

I'm having a problem with noise through my radio.It is only through my XM radio through my AUX port.I have an amp and such but the noise is not there when I use the cd or regular radio.It is not really bad but more annoying than anything.Do they make an inline noise suppressor for aux cables?

Does your XM use a different power source than the car stereo? (like an add on that plugs into the lighter) If it was an non factory add-on it really needs the exact same points of power and ground than the head unit.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Sounds like you need a ground loop isolator.

That's just a bandaid.

Details on how it's installed? What was said above is pretty much it though. Positive doesn't need to be the same source as long as it's a good one, but try to ground it to the same place as the radio or amp with heavy enough wiring.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

It will be a 12V connection or ground. Or one of those connections being too close to the signal wire coming from the XM. It's like having your amp power cables ran too close to your RCA cables if that explanation makes it easier to picture.

Archived