LegacyGT.com

Does anyone know an easy way to get the build date of one of the new Legacy/Outback models. Can you find out by the vin number? Is it on the MSRP sticker? I took a picture of the numbers on the bottom of 3 different window stickers to help figure it out. These are Legacy GT's that have recently come in.

tmp3.jpg.349de0ee13928b0e0fc127e12add00db.jpg

tmp2.jpg.70e92d93bc05eefde701336ff88381a7.jpg

tmp1.jpg.4f7504187b0fd388aad4740076b0f8a8.jpg

[quote name='orpie_lightfoot']We print and hang the window labels at DAS, and there's no way to tell from the window sticker. It is hung when the car is finished processing and is ready to leave the facility, but it may have sat in the yard for a few weeks before that. Happy motoring, orpie_lightfoot[/quote] Can you tell from these numbers when it left the shipping facility? Also, now that they haven't assembled any new cars for the last couple weeks, are you guys caught up in the shipping dept?

[quote name='SUBE555']They would assume they haven't stop assembly at all, that's a continuing process. They are continually building new cars.[/quote] Someone here said they shut the whole plant down for 2 weeks around the 4th of July. They do some minor upgrades to the plant ( said they were doing some changes in the paint dept for one) while people are gone. They should be back at it on Monday.

I see it now, it was posted on NASIOC. I know the place I work is down for one week after the 4th for PMs and revamps. Wasn't aware of SIA doing any such things, but will be in the future. Hope mine got out the door before they shut down, or it'll definitely be after the 10th before it gets to the dealership. :|

I'm in the same situation. Actually, now I'm hoping it is built after this break since they may have spent this time at the plant fine tuning everything. I'm willing to wait a couple extra weeks. Guess we'll have to wait and see. If it says built in June, it's before, if it says July then it's built after the break.

Remember it might take them a little bit to fine tune the machines after break ones things are re-done as some say. I know that's how it is at the place I work. Takes 1-2 weeks to shake everything down correctly. At least that's after a PM.

Archived