LegacyGT.com

Help! After I sit idle after 3min white smoke @ tips

Help! Stage 2 gt. catless up/dp - straight pipe

AVO tmic

Aem intake

New plugs +front o2 sensor.

Last day or so after I sit adle I see a good amount of white ish smoke. No noises, nothing in engine rattling, it justs starts doin it

Suggestions?

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

Im waiting for it to cool down. Oil is full Well it's 85 degrees out side getting to 95. Drove 15 miles after work, some spirited driving out into the country to a friends and after I got back could hear the coolant bubbling a little. Not sure if that's normal or the extra heat outside but I've never noticed that before.

both coolant and oil levels are at normal level. who else has seen white smoke? am I burning oil or what? seems to be maybe running rich because I always smell fuel/exhaust. mpg is 15-18 city/highway but very conservative driving.

You are catless. 'Nuff said.

So why is it fine for a 15 mile trip but once I sit idle after more than 3 min It billows out smoke so much while waitin for construction to move that I have to shut it off.. It doesn't do it On cold start. Only after being warmed up

that sounds like a waste ^^

sounds like to much fuel as long as there is no coolant smell or consumption.

So I was waitin for a retune till I get a new passenger axle and rear wheel bearing. Should i go get the tune ASAP to hopefully fix this

sounds normal to me, catless cars tend to have white "smoke" or condensation because there is no cat....a good way to tell is to frankly smell the smoke, if it has a sweet smell/taste to it then you have coolant leaking somewhere, and if it is coming out of your exhaust pipes i would check the coolant routes on the turbo. Also the reason the smoke would no be noticed until you stop is because the exhaust system is hot when driving and cools off at idle creating condensation that forms. If you are sure its not that then like i said check the coolant lines going to your turbo.

Im waiting for it to cool down. Oil is full Well it's 85 degrees out side getting to 95. Drove 15 miles after work, some spirited driving out into the country to a friends and after I got back could hear the coolant bubbling a little. Not sure if that's normal or the extra heat outside but I've never noticed that before.

I assume you mean bubbling as in bubbles in the coolant reservoir? You should never see bubbles in your reservoir, this indicates air getting into the cooling system. If you have bubbles in your coolant reservoir you may have a blown head gasket. This could account for the "white" smoke out of the tail pipe as well. Like others have said, if it has a "sweet" smell to it it's probably burning coolant.

Does your coolant have any gas smell to it? A blown head gasket should show up on a compression test. I'd watch your temp gauge carefully until you get this sorted out. If it starts to overheat turn the engine off and turn on your defroster to full blast heat, this will help cool it down. GL

I kind of think you have a bad injector how does the car run? check engine light?

low/rough idle. not smooth when im sitting. Got a CEL for the front o2 and P1312 which was for egt sensor and not having a resistor in place. Both have been fixed as well as new plugs

if it has a sweet smell/taste to it then you have coolant leaking somewhere, and if it is coming out of your exhaust pipes i would check the coolant routes on the turbo. Also the reason the smoke would no be noticed until you stop is because the exhaust system is hot when driving and cools off at idle creating condensation that forms. If you are sure its not that then like i said check the coolant lines going to your turbo.

Ill try and look for the smell after.

Before plug/o2 sensor swap I would get minimal smoke when I go to accelerate. that seemed normal because I am catless.

I assume you mean bubbling as in bubbles in the coolant reservoir? You should never see bubbles in your reservoir, this indicates air getting into the cooling system. If you have bubbles in your coolant reservoir you may have a blown head gasket. This could account for the "white" smoke out of the tail pipe as well. Like others have said, if it has a "sweet" smell to it it's probably burning coolant.

Does your coolant have any gas smell to it? A blown head gasket should show up on a compression test. I'd watch your temp gauge carefully until you get this sorted out. If it starts to overheat turn the engine off and turn on your defroster to full blast heat, this will help cool it down. GL

No, bubbles as in the car is really hot from heat/driving that I could hear the coolant in the reservoir making noise. bubbling because it is so hot out. Ive been watching the temp, just wish I had a better diagnosis for it.

that is indeed normal the bubbling sound in the reservoir.

What plugs did you install ?

NGK IridiumIX, bought from my tuner.. maybe I'll look towards injectors being the cause. I really don't know what would be causing it. No coolant leaks I can see and just did the coolant flush a month ago, all levels still full.

• I Donated
low/rough idle. not smooth when im sitting. Got a CEL for the front o2 and P1312 which was for egt sensor and not having a resistor in place. Both have been fixed as well as new plugs

Do a compression test. Low/rough idle in my case was 63psi compression in cylinder 2 (vs. 120-130psi in the other three) due to a busted ringland. You at least want to eliminate low compression as a possible problem before you do other troubleshooting.

Do a compression test. Low/rough idle in my case was 63psi compression in cylinder 2 (vs. 120-130psi in the other three) due to a busted ringland. You at least want to eliminate low compression as a possible problem before you do other troubleshooting.

I'll be doing that Monday morning sharp. I sure hope that's not the problem

Archived