LegacyGT.com

Want to buy new springs! Sticky confuses me...

I am looking to buy new springs for the 98 lgt wagon, i just bought some 18 inch rotas and theyre looking like DONKS the way it sits lol...I read on the sticky that a set of STI springs will work and lower it about 1" all around, which is about the drop i'm looking for. But..is it just the spring that will bolt up? or do i need the top hats as well? Or the STI struts and everything? What about WRX, will those springs bolt on?

Basically my question is, what springs will bolt directly to my factory struts, while looking to lower about an inch..

I would go with the 02 - 07 wrx struts and springs to get what you want and add a bit more performance.

everyone keeps saying that, but no one seems to be able to answer whether it will drop the 1" as well, stay the same height or what. seems like no one wants to let a measurement get online, i cant find any info at all on springs. i thought the sti was a higher performance level than the wrx level?

it would be a lot of work to measure the springs separated from the struts. overall from tophat to bottom of the screw plates would be cool, but it wont matter without the strut disconnected from the wheel. i cant find any info at all on how tall (unsprung) any of the springs are, stock oem or aftermarket lowering.

I dropped my 97 obw with 02 wrx strut & springs. Now you're gt wagon is already lower than my obw was at stock hieght so I don't think you'll gain much more than ~ 1/2 inch drop at most. I would look for some 02-0? sti strut & springs if your trying to get lower than you already are. You can look at my before and after pics. The close ups are after install. The rear is "sagging" because I didn't do the spacers. They can be ordered from Paranoid Fabrications and other places online.

rickysantana

Oh yea, I had read that you need the wrx/sti rear top hats for the strut/spring combo so I ordered them & when I swapped them out they looked EXACTLY the same. Dunno???

Twisty if your rears bolt up then your good. Post some pics in the "lowered set up" thread when you put them on.

i will! but i havent gotten time to get it all done yet. at my friends shop where i do the lift work, we have an old buick le sabre restore and a 76 blazer restore that are taking precedence. not to mention my trucks clutch. and my daughters car paint job. sigh, im never going to get to play with my car.

Archived