LegacyGT.com

Insurance costs rising?

I was paying roughly $85 a month in California for full coverage for the Legacy about 2.5 years ago.

I came back to California and although the car is now older and I have no accidents/tickets on record (didn't before either), I'm being quoted $105-120 from a number of different companies.

Has anyone else witnessed this or is it just me?

Are kids finally catching on that it's a cheap turbo'd car and wrecking them?

Agreed shop around, one thing that will cause it to go up is if the zip you are moving into has had an increase in accidents, claims(misc) or thefts. You can find this by search your area it public info. This may or may not be the case but it applies in other states.

To bad you're not here in CT, were lucky to have a insurance agent who is on this forum and takes good care of us.

Like the others said shop around. You might want to look at AAA they have good rates, good member services and I have two VISA cards from them, one gives me money back on gas purchases and the other gives cash back on all other purchases.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Went from Allstate (1250.00 full coverage on the LGT) to USAA..... $890.00 for full coverage.

I had USAA, then switched to Progressive. Cut my 6mo bill in half and that's with the LGT, Jeep, Mustang(storage ins) and bike on my policy. Also a lot better customer service.

I was paying $85 a month with Wawanesa 3 years ago, moved to Vegas where they didn't cover and switched to Geico for about the same price.

I then moved back to California and Geico is charging me about $130 a month now

I went and got a quote from Wawanesa again and they were coming up with $105 despite my car not being worth nearly what it was 3 years ago (and 60,000 miles later).

I finally had them pull up my old plan and see if they could match. They said they couldn't, they could offer it at $93, which is better than my other options, but yeah I'll be shopping around.

I think KBB for the car is only 6k at the moment?

Though now that the bank doesn't own it anymore I can probably lower some of the coverage.

I'm not that familiar with coverage so I went with 100/300/100 for most things with a $200 deduction. Any recommendations on good coverage that isn't overkill?

I shopped around and the average for our 4 cars was right around $1000-$1100. Then I got a quote from Esurance.

For 2 Legacies, a Z4, and a GTO we're paying $543 for 6 months.

I couldn't get my credit card info in fast enough.

I used to be an adjuster so I have really high limits and $250 deductibles on all 4.

There is no benefit to stay loyal to an insurance provider. They will always raise your rates, very rarely lower them until you tell them you are switching.

Also, bundling is usually not a good idea. If you do the research, after the introductory rates expire (first 6 months/year) you can usually find a better deal splitting them up.

Archived