LegacyGT.com

Transmission question

Got another car for my girlfriend (long story). Its a 90 legacy. It needs a different transmission.

I want to put 4.11s in it. However i know in 97 they switched to hydraulic. I can still use a cable setup on the 97-98 4.11 transmissions, right?

you should be able to make it work. the pivot point for the clutch fork is different , but i'm told it is already cast into the bell housing so all you have to do is drill and tap a bolt hole. then just swap all of your 90 stuff onto the 97.

you might want to look for it before you buy.

the 90 should already be a 4.11. unless it is FWD ? or turbo? not sure about those.

(90 - 91 4eat awd non-turbo= 4.11, 93 - 94 4eat awd non-turbo = 3.9, the 92 falls with one of them but i don't remember which one.)

is it AWD?

good luck

• I Donated

Yes it will work.

My 96 Outback is cable driven. I bought a 98 transmission to replace it and the pivot point on the clutch fork IS in a different spot. Its easily unscrewed with a 22mm deep socket and the casting / threads for the other pivot point were already there...so it was as easy as unscrewing it, moving it two inches, and screwing it back in. Make sure you put thread locker on it when you put it back in though. If you want picture proof before you do it let me know. I still have my old transmission in the shop so I can snap a few pics of what I'm talking about if you would like me to.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived