LegacyGT.com

coolant overflow tank

I know they are hard to see into the check the level. IMO put your money some where else that has better pay back.

My 05's is a pain to see too. It's just a car. As long as your not loosing coolant from it, leave it alone.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Quick,

Like Max said, don't replace what isn't broken.

I have 80K on my '08 and change my coolant every 30k. I remove the overflow tank and rise it clean with warm soapy water. It looks brand new after this and I can always easily read the fluid level no matter where I am mileage wise between changes.

Why can't you see the level in your tank? If you have build up, rust or calcification, you should look into why. Are you using an additive besides subaru, or another brand of coolant? Not using distilled water? If it's cloudy, milky or you just can't read it, I'd flush it and change more frequently.

In his defence, the thanks on the 05 have a step in them that makes it hard to see the level (cold level line) when you look inside.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I understand.

Just make sure you can justify spending that much money on something that doesn't add HP or make the car drive/stop better.

That's not all the car game is about. It's about personalizing all of it. Anyone can buy power parts and big brakes and mod away. I however like to be different, performance, looks, handling, stereo, all aspects of the car make the car. Hell that's why I have a 16g with an open EWG. Just to be different!

Archived