LegacyGT.com

Trying to figure out what's wrong with my gas mileage...

Well that is definitely good to know iNVAR I will make sure they do not reset the ECU regardless of what they say. Now at least I know what I need to do (get a cable and install parallels/vmware or whatever then run LV that way) and I will most likely get the vag-com cable considering this car is 100% stock, I'm not not doing power mods for a while and it will give me time to get used to LV to see if I wanna spend the extra money on the tactix cable. Thanks for bearing with me guys I'll order the cable today and see what I can do about getting parallels or vmware or something to run windows under mac...Thanks again.

The last place I'd take the 05 is the dealer. Your in a good area, check out bern tuning, they may be able to help.

PM NRW or bmx045, they can tell you where to go...in a good way.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

was thrilled to stretch 300 out of my last tank, mostly HWY

only hit triple figures once or twice, STG3

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

The last place I'd take the 05 is the dealer. Your in a good area, check out bern tuning, they may be able to help.

PM NRW or bmx045, they can tell you where to go...in a good way.

Well the reason that I'd take it to the dealer is because I'm still under 60 day warranty and if anything fails within that 60 days it gets fixed...I wouldn't be paying a penny out of pocket at the dealership regardless of what's wrong so I figured that I'd use that to my advantage as much as I can to get things in as good of working order as I can have them (that is if anything is wrong...)

But good news is that I just filled the car up for the second time since it's been in my possesion (the dealership filled it before I bought it, then I filled it once on my own then I filled it again this morning) and on my way to work I was averaging 23mpg highway with little to no traffic but still this is a marked improvement over getting 11 on my last tank and 9.2 on the first. Maybe I was power hungry after moving up from a Corolla S or maybe the car just needed some driving but it seems that the mpg is actually normal for the first time since I bought the car. I am still going to run a LV but I'm a lot less afraid of something being majorly wrong with the car now!

I'll keep this updated but thanks for all the help you guys until I see otherwise I'm gonna say the problem has solved itself.

Well, the best thing would be to try to get that cable ASAP before your warranty is up, and then grab an LV. Then we can take it from there.

You really don't want to blindly bring it into the dealer IMHO. They'd probably just reset it, tell you to give it some time to "relearn" and then keep stalling until you're not under warranty.

There are many factors to fuel consumption. Incorrect sized/ bad tread pattern tires, crappy fuel (since i started using 3/4 of a tank of 93 & 1/4 of a tank of c12) I've noticed that I average about 24mpg. Runs a lot better too.

Well, under ten isn't normal for very aggressive driving, at least not over the entire tank of gas. I've been through a tank driving very very hard and it's around the 13 MPG mark in NYC if I drive hard and there's absolutely no highway mileage involved. Pull the learning view like I said. It'll reveal something hopefully. If you're running rich even during normal driving, it will show up in the LV in the form of very negative fuel trims.

I thought rich was positive fuel trims and lean was negative?? Am I mistaken

Yes, you're mistaken. Positive fuel trims means the ECU is adding fuel to correct for a lean condition. If his car is running rich, the ECU will have negative fuel trims because the ECU is trying to correct for it.

Ahh I see ok my car usually has negative Afr and I thought that meant it was lean because it was taking away fuel. But I see its rich thats why its taking fuel away and positive is lean because car is adding fuel to correct.. lol wow this tuning stuff can get confusing. thanks for the aha moment.

• Mega Users
Get the car tuned, the factory map is not perfect. Read more here, you'll learn a lot.

Do you in fact spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic, say, I don't know where New Boston is.

THIS. go stage 1, and your tuner will tell you what the car needs. You will see your ROI within a couple years, plus the car will just be that much more fun to drive.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users
Stock 07 GT - 17 mpg around town and 19.8 - 20.1 on highway, just looking at the fuel gauge.

A good example of what I'm talking about. I get around 18 mpg city, 22 highway. Not a drastic improvement over gimpy, but my car has probably 40 more whp than his, and I'm still seeing better numbers. The stock map is not great, so go stage 1!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Stage 1 05 LGT with 225/45/17 Dunlop SS Z1 @ 37/35psi. Driving on this combo, I get around 21mpg with a 60/40 mix of highway/city driving.

Tires make a huge difference on the mpg you get. I know that when I went from 215 all-seasons to what I have now, I noticed a 10% drop in mpg with no change in my drive style.

Archived