LegacyGT.com

Think my alternator went out

not a damn thing, it's under warranty, I dare them to tell me I have to pay for it when they are the ones who told me that is what's wrong. So I spoke to the mechanic face to face to make sure he wasn't bullshitting me, and here it is. There is a short somewhere in the wiring of the car causing a data only cord that goes to the ECU to pick up a current and wipe out the data. Causing the car to think it is getting stolen and it shuts the car off.

One question, how in the hell would a dealer service shop NOT have the wiring schematics for a car? Seriously. I will never be going to hanson subaru again after this.

oh I did, and will continue to do so, but with lots of sunscreen from now on. I did not want to go "sun burning" but apparently I am more hardcore than I though. I guess that's what happens when you go body boarding for 3 hours straight.

• 2 weeks later...
oh I did, and will continue to do so, but with lots of sunscreen from now on. I did not want to go "sun burning" but apparently I am more hardcore than I though. I guess that's what happens when you go body boarding for 3 hours straight.

Where did you go bodyboarding?

i had a problem last year where i would be driving on the highway and suddenly lose everything (except brakes thankfully).

turned out to be a bad 02 sensor.

now i have a new problem (im at 85k on my 05) where my car still have trouble starting the first time. when i try a second time, it starts no problem. also the speedo will randomally drop to 0 (but no lose of throttle). that is very intermittent.

Where did you go bodyboarding?

I went a couple of places, mainly a place called baby beach. Had more fun snorkeling/ free diving for shells and the likes to be honest, did that all around the Lana'i.

So they found out the actual issue. The Body Control Module was shorting and throwing the electricity to a data only wire in the ECU, causing the car to thing it was being stolen and shutting down. Unfortunately the part was not covered by my warranty, so 1200 bucks later, I should be picking my baby up on monday when I roll back into town.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived