LegacyGT.com

Forgot to ask -- is the acceleration bucking normal on GT?

I've got about 1500 miles on mine now. I haven't had this problem at all. This is my first turbocharged car and I definitely notice the torque difference around 2500 rpm but no bucking. I really don't understand the comments about rough idling. Mine idles beautifully.

Oh, now I know what bucking deal you're talking about, at least with manuals, that's just above stall rpm, generally in manuals. I rarely operate below 1600-2000rpm in any manual, so guess that's why I don't get it. That's the only thing I can imagine. Franz, I know when I was with you, you tend to operate a little less aggressively and a little lower rpm based than I would normally, may be why you tend to see those things more than I ever would. I tend to use a bit more clutch/gas. As for idle, I think we've addressed that before, it's a horizontally opposed engine that emitts different vibrations and the engine vibrations are cancelled differently than those of an inline or V-type engine. It's all normally. Our 4 Subarus (granted none yet are turbocharged, but that doesn't make a difference at idle) do that. Just a part of 4-cyl boxers.

Archived