LegacyGT.com

In one day, I've managed to need a CV boot, New set of tires, and an alignment. New highscore!

I blew the outer cv boot on the 95 wagon driver side. I caught it early, since its still quite wet and messy. I've put no more than 200 miles on it like this.

I could swap it like in the other post floating around this sight by disconnecting the ball joint, sway bar, and yanking the axle, but I'm afraid of hurting the front diff where the axle plugs in. Also, that ball joint hasn't been done in 100k miles, if at all, so it'll be a downright pain to do.

Is there any way to yank the hub off the car and reboot the axle while It's still in on the other side?

Until I fix it, I'm keeping the driving to a minimum and I've wrapped the cv boot with plastic wrap and zip ties to hold the grease in.

• I Donated

Just replace the axle. You won't hurt the output shaft from the front diff taking the axle off. It has a roll pin that holds it in. Knock out the pin and it slides right off. Its not the snap retainers like most cars have.

If you're worried about the ball joint, you can take the two strut to knuckle bolts out instead. You will need an alignment afterwards if you do it this way though.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived