LegacyGT.com

Safe boost level for stock turbo with PW TMIC

DerekDaniel

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I tightened the best I could and as back as far as possible and to the left as far as possible. Can you look at how my turbo to IC hose is connected it looks like It has a kink at the elbow where it connects to the IC, But it is made like that. I dont know why it was so snug on my car maybe I accidently got an older model bracket?? Do you think that could rub a hole through my brake res?? I may go unhook the turbo to IC hose and loosen the nut on the drivers bracket and try to bend the unit to the left more....... but at the same time I dont because I did and I dont want to bust the bracket as I already pushed on that sucker quite a bit to get it to where it is, and fear snapping the turbo side bracket

no i do not think it can rub a hole through the res, the bracket nor IC will move that far during operation. the S tube from turbo to IC is suppose to have a bend that looks like a kink, it doesn't seem to cause issues, its how it was designed

Considering the IC and that bracket are mounted to the engine, which moves relative to the car, and the brake reservoir is mounted to the firewall, which doesn't move relative to the car, it is possible that the bracket could wear through the reservoir over time. I would reccomend at least putting something in between the reservoir and the bracket to protect it if you can't get the bracket out of the way.

Yeah I may take the bracket off and try to grind it down some in that area then wrap it with electrical tape or find something else to cushion it.

Well on a better note I got my first map and the car is much more responsive even after sitting at a red light,.. it is ready to go. Just gotta get the over-boosting worked out. When wot that SOB throws over-boost CEL in like 2 secs lol and even then the car still wants to go despite being in limp mode... I was like dang.... So I am hoping and praying once revisions are done I will be able to drive my car aggressively and safely :)

yeah, I guess a p0244 doesn't throw it in limp mode just cuts fuel real quick and throws cel. That's why it felt like it kept wanting to go.

So I grinded down that bracket some now I have peace of mind. I do not foresee any issues in the future with it now. I will keep an eye on it though.

Thanks for all the help:)

Lol. You should always anticipate modding the mod. If you anticipate stock fit you will be dissappointed 9 times out of 10.

Goes with the territory. Is it modding, or is it customization? Customization is a better term.

Lol. You should always anticipate modding the mod. If you anticipate stock fit you will be dissappointed 9 times out of 10.

Goes with the territory. Is it modding, or is it customization? Customization is a better term.

Yes, I like "customizations" much better. It's more personal that way. :D

Man, just doesn't seem like you should have to mod the mod. What did PW have to say about the fitment, or did you not contact them? Just curious is all.....

I didnt even bother contacting them, although I probably should have took pics before I had to bent the bracket to show them how far off it was.

heck more like customized, fabricated, modification :lol:

Sent rally sport direct an email about the PW fitment issues. I linked them this thread and they said they will contact PW about this fitment. I will post update as received by them. Car is running good, just being babied while the tune is revised.

Archived