LegacyGT.com

2005 legacy 2.5 gt limited clutch replacement.....opinions please

Call Justin at Evo works. I used to live in saint cloud, he has worked on my m3 for years.

320-492-4005

Subaru has some really good gear oil, got mine at fred beans parts.

Anyone have opinions on the clutch masters fx300 kit and flywheel?

Sent from my vivow using Tapatalk 2

Your 05 has a DMFW, they are junk and can not be re-surfaced. It will need to be replaced.

Well just because they can't be resurfaced, that doesn't mean they are junk. Mine was replaced at 134,000 miles because the TOB went. The clutch still had some miles left on it. That strikes me as a pretty solid clutch.

• 4 years later...
Well st cloud subaru quoted me at 1500 out the door with an 07 wrx flywheel and clutch, probably going that route

The dealer's back their work better than most. Their techs have factory training and they are usually more expensive. The older the car gets the less likely the dealer will have a tech that is experienced on it. I do all my own work because I trust no one if I can't watch. Dealers usually know NOTHING about modification. I bought my 05 legacy gt limited 5mt after I left the Subaru dealer. I learned more about this vehicle here than Subaru teaches in multiple courses. That said IMO dealers respond to problems better than most independents. I run a single mass fw with an ACT stage 2 works well but at 30k it will shudder at 15-16 psi in 5th gear. No slip other than that. I really have no reason to boost 16 psi in 5th though. Extremely smooth but pedal seems stiff. Could be me as I'm old and tore up my left knee in a MC crash in 91...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bump from the dead! @pseank what were you looking for that caused you to reply to a thread from 2012? @anyone else who wanders in Southbend is currently the most recommended clutch for the 5mts on this board. Search around for the other threads where they are reviewed. Then PM one of the vendors here to order.

Archived