LegacyGT.com

Canadian "Aero" Cross bars for wagons.

This message is to Kevin and all others interested in Canadian Aero bars ( aluminum ones not chocolate ).

I was just informed my my trusty parts man that Subaru Canada has decided not to offer the item any more. He had three on order and will not receive any.

You will have to find a dealer with old stock or research the junk yards.

Rhino rack offers a bar that looks very much like the Subaru bar. Check out the RABP series. Their part number RABP06 is for our cars so maybe you have some hope there.

If I get a chance I will check out a scrap yard that has done me good in the past. If I find anything I will let you know, but please do not hold your breath, unless of course you go over the fiscal cliff.

Cheers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did a quick telephone check of my two favourite junk yards, LKQ/Pintendre and Le Cavalier. Regular parts that came with the car are in their inventories but not accessories like these bars. I am not going to visit the yards unless I happen to be just going by anyway so count me out as a source for a set. Sorry about that. You guys really need a break and I thought I could help.

Cheers

Rod

• 2 months later...

Rhino rack offers a bar that looks very much like the Subaru bar. Check out the RABP series. Their part number RABP06 is for our cars so maybe you have some hope there.

Rhino rack RABP series is listed for our cars, but their listings are off. I ordered an SXB4 crossbar setup as this was listed to fit the 05 forester with similar rails to our cars.

Turns out the SXB4 is designed for a raised rail and won't work out at all. Though it is a beautiful rack.

After a lot of back and fourth with customer service (they're really great over there btw) I've decided that the SXB2 looks like it will actually fit, and is listed to fit the flush railed forester in AU, which should match our cars rails too.

Unfortunately I've given up my search for some cool Aero racks, and I'm moving forward with standard OEM Mont Blanc square bars that I got on here for a good deal. I'm just sick of waiting.

If anyone is feeling like going Rhino Rack I believe with reasonable certainty that the SXB2's would be the rack to go with.

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/Vehicle_SUBARU_Forester_4124.aspx

Just an FYI, I know some of you guys are in my shoes looking for something that is aero and nice instead of boring round or square bars.

Whispbar/Yakima makes something for our cars. I gave up but you can find the P/N you need by looking up the car through another countries website on Whispbar's website(I think Australia has the same model as us and shows the PN).

I ended up getting a hitch...

Archived