LegacyGT.com

Looking for a small muffler

YourConfused

I have a catless DC Sports DP with a spun cat installed at the end. see pic

spun cat http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/59959/10002/-1?parentProductId=

I have a drone that I want to rid myself of by installing a short muffler in its place while still being able to put the cat back in place for state inspections.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a short bodied muffler that would fit in place of my spun cat?

2029492931_mycatexhaust.thumb.jpg.859a77d35978b742d12874c69ca822c3.jpg

Find an exhuast shop and see what they have to offer.

My wagon is catless with stock midpipe back.

It's easy to remove the catless DP when it's emissions time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Find an exhuast shop and see what they have to offer.

My wagon is catless with stock midpipe back.

It's easy to remove the catless DP when it's emissions time.

I was hoping to find someone that knows of a smallish muffler who could give an opinion about it's effectiveness, like something they have installed on their own vehicle. I have 2K to 3K drone that I don't care for. Apparently my exhaust sounds good-ish from the outside as I had a couple of friends tell me that my car sounds "angry" and "loud, but in a good way". lol

Thanks for the response though.

Had a guy tell me the same thing about my wagon the other day. It's catless, stock from the mid-pipe back with two washers between the Y pipe flanges and the mufflers.

There is no drone only a nice low rumble at cruising RPM's.

Remove your mufflers and take the car for a ride or put a washer or two at the flange.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you looked at once of these

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/02glasspack.asp

I'm sure you might be able to fit a small one on there I have a large 30 inch on my catback no drone or rasp. Its really really quiet at first but after a month or two it'll be back to loud once it breaks in but it could help with the drone they are cheap to if you ebay the part number

I even have a couple of these in my shed I used for like a month I can sell if you want

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1033_1054&products_id=292

Its a steel mesh resonator little bit better flow and longer lasting then the glasspacks not as much sound dampening though but a little

Archived