LegacyGT.com

Magnaflow vs. HKS

Just got a new Cobb down pipe with high flow cat and I am now at a stand still as to get a cat back Magnaflow or an HKS "High Silent". I want a nice low growl with little or no crack in the rev. Which should I get? I really don't care that the HKS is twice the price, I just want a nice deep sound, something that makes people know it's unique. I already got a HKS equal length plus that new Cobb down pipe, but I still don't know what to do cat on back? Will I be happier with the good 'ol American Magnaflow or does HKS know what I really want? :cool:

I have the HKS with a Cobb downpipe and love it. Sounds nice and deep cruising through town and engine-braking sounds pretty cool too. Mine's never had that cracking sound. There's a little drone on the highway but I personally don't mind it; nothing turning up the radio two levels won't cover up and you don't have to raise your voice to talk over it. Plus the giant tips look nice when they're clean.

Not sure how much ELH would change the sound.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Archived