LegacyGT.com

Help not quite sure haynes doesn't seem to help

Hi i have s jdm 97 legacy gt tt and it refuses to start. now go into alittle history here

oh and a noobish i can do stuff if i can find what i am looking for or see a picture of it or a tutorial to follow it step by step.

back in januray it started overheating so i wanted to find out why so i took the intercooler off had a look at the water piping under there big hole. so i then decided to check the water pump piping and noticed the water was leaking quite well from there also. so i decided that i best thing to do would be to replace with second hand piping replace water pump etc.

so i did all this had to remove the top plenium off the top of the engine (to replace every piece of the piping on the outside of the engine).broke the bloody plastic air piping on the back replaced that with second hand part also. so all that done tryed starting it up. nothing.

checked the belt e.g taking it off and resetting it just to make sure it was right. still nothing. and i checked all cables and fuses none blown. i tryed starting the car again. this time the starter motor seems to sound slower then before. when i try turning it over again it is slower and sounds like a grinding noise from the flywheel area but i am not sure.

so i bought some software and cable from http://www.evoscan.com/ and have a look. got quite a few error codes. I cleared the error codes out and tryed again this is what i am getting.

11 crankshaft sensor

12 starter signal

21 engine coolant sensor

22 knock sensor

38 torque control signal #1 and #2

38 torque control permission signal

39 traction control system.

been trying to find everything i can on these problem but with no luck.

stop trying to fix it after awhile cus it is winter here in New Zealand now.

started up again. any help would be great.

also i just noticed when trying to turn it over i get 1 pop (and the pop is every now and again not every cycle) which i can hear goes out the back of the car not the front. and if i press heavily on the accel while trying to turn it over i can hear a faint clicking sound.

• I Donated

So what happens when you try and start it?

Does it turn over and just not fire up? Does it do absolutly nothing. Does it sound like its spinning free? etc

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

One of the turbos could have failed sucking a bunch of metal debris into the engine causing internal damage.

You need to do a compression check

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived