LegacyGT.com

cobb exhaust

lol i dont, now that you mention it it did seem a lil unneccasary to include, ive done plenty of exhaust work, i was just wondering if the bends around the diff and driveshafts and what not would be relatively compatible.

• I Donated

My tools for exhaust include

- Acetylene torch

- Sawzall

- Cut off wheel

- Grinder

- Mig welder w/ argon

The Cobb catback exhaust will work with a few modifications. You need to change the mounting points and add some length to it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

My tools for exhaust include

- Acetylene torch

- Sawzall

- Cut off wheel

- Grinder

- Mig welder w/ argon

The Cobb catback exhaust will work with a few modifications. You need to change the mounting points and add some length to it.

Tig welder, wire brush and chop saw is all you will ever need!:rolleyes:

• I Donated

I have a wire brush attachment for my die grinder that I use for cut off wheels lol. Air powered wire brush FTMFW

edit : I tried to include a picture of my exhaust welding with a MIG, but Photobucket is "down for maintenance" right now.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I have a wire brush attachment for my die grinder that I use for cut off wheels lol. Air powered wire brush FTMFW

I seem to have issues with any power wire brush and contamination on my welds (aka rusting stainless). So I have to be old fashion lol

I sometimes use an angle grinder with flap wheel to clean up the cuts from the chop saw also

length on the cat end or..? between that and the uels i got on order i should be set, any recommendations on cats or stick with stock? and while i got the 2nd gen leggy master here do you know anything about the b9 tribeca sway bar mod?

• I Donated

Tribeca 25mm front swaybar fits fine, but instead of it bolting to the inside of teh endlinks, it bolts to the outside of them since its a little bit wider.

Add length right after where the cobb bolts up to the rear cat.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

sounds good, id been talking to a guy on another forum and got the same info but I figured someone on here would be a lil more knowledgeable, much easier to spend $120 at the local dealer than the $200+ for a whiteline. bolting on the outside like that shouldnt affect it to much will it?

• I Donated

No, it won't have any effect on its performance.....I do suggest getting aftermarket endlinks from Whiteline or Kartboy though. The stock plastic ones are too weak for aftermarket swaybars. I haven't seen one break, but they do flex under load and it takes more time to load the swaybar.

Are you just throwing a 25mm on the front? The rear sway bar is much more important IMO.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

The rear has to be 95-99 Legacy specific. Nothing else will directly fit.

You can make Impreza bars fit, but you have to hammer in the spare tire well to do so.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Installing the Tribeca bar was a pain, but cheap. Installation requires you to remove the head gasket in order to get more room between the body of the car and the exhaust. IMO I would just start with the adjustable Ralitek RSB and upgrade your struts and shocks. Sick deal on that Cobb exhaust. Looking forward to some pics.

• I Donated

Now that photobucket wants to work, here is the picture I tried to post earlier.

My welding

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/IMG1060.jpg[/img]

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived