LegacyGT.com

Tuning required with fmic?

GTLimited

• Mega Users
Realy?

Why even post if you are going to be of no help, to someone that is clearly hear to learn.:confused:

I just bought a godspeed fmic for my 05 lgt. I plan on tuning it when i put my grimmspeed ebcs on. Just curious if the fmic will require a re tune by itself. Thanks for the input!

Yes, you will need a tune and a 3" downpipe to make a safe stage 2 car (the EBCS is a bonus I guess, doesn't really much for you at stage 2, but will help immensley if you go stage 3). If you have to drive the car untuned to your tuner, make sure to drive it very conservatively

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

^ True dat, he's correct.....so here's my two cents .....since your ride is an 05, I would re-build or buy a new turbo before installing front mount and tuning.....cause if it hasn't gone yet, it's close. I have seen many a short block taken down by a failed turbo.

• Mega Users
the turbo depends on a variety of factors. there are plenty of people on here with high mileage vf40s, including one guy who has almost 200k on his.

Wouldn't be much help unless someone warned him about what could happen without taken the proper precautions and steps....if he wants to risk it, he's been warned. FYI mine was on its way out at around 75kish and some change. I have a friend with 130k on his…and its singing like a cat in heat…..I warned him too.

Okay. Ive got an sti up pipe, vf46 turbo, erz catless dp, invidia cbe intake and its tuning for all that right now. Ive got some one who can tune it and my ase master certified mechanic that will install it if i buff his truck haha. But will it hurt anything for me too have ths fmic on for a little while before i can get it tuned? I bought the ebcs for easier tuning.

• Mega Users

How long is a little while?

Its very tempting to romp on a car that has had aftermarket parts installed. You need to make sure that you stay out of boost until the car gets tuned. Getting it tuned is your first priority. Have the tuner put the EBCS on when he/she tunes.

You will be fine if you do that.

• Mega Users
Alrighty. So when we start logging i take it there is something to change right off the bat before the first pull to compensate for the new mods?

wut

We will use the taxtrix cable to tune. I could be wrong but my understanding is you log a couple of pulls, let the tuner change some shit, then do some more pulls. You said drive very conservative to his house. I guess im just worried about those first pulls in full boost.

• Mega Users
You could use some tweaking after the fmic install, but it will most likely be fine. It's a situation where you should log to make sure everything is safe, but it shouldn't cause any problems. Re-tuning after a fmic install could get you a bit more power though since you can usually run more timing due to lower iat's.

• Mega Users
are you going to a shop or are you getting etuned? i would think if you are getting etuned your tuner would send you a base map in which you remap with then do pulls and repeat the process.

this

Archived