LegacyGT.com

missfires 1234 p2009, turbo whine

bunch of problems at once, idle runs like a bag of crap, get driving and it evens out, doesnt feel like it missfires, hadmiss fire codes for all cylinders, had p2009 intake manifold runner control circuit low bank one, (pass side) pulled out the tumble generator motor, probed it, and it moves, valve is not stuck returns good, and harness is good, plug it in and turn the key on and the tumble works, moves at least, and i got system too lean bank 1, on top of this when i start to boost i hear a whine and it get louder the more rpms i give it, deff turbo whine, where do i start lol?:confused:

Pull the down pipe and check the turbo for play.

If the turbo is whining odds are, its toast.

I ordered my vf52 from http://www.AZPinstalls.com

I had the turbo the next day.

You'll want to make sure you haven't got any metal in the oil system, if the turbo is that bad.

Did you see this from the google search you did???

This means there's a burned out solenoid (no connection), bad battery connection at the solenoid, or a short in the wiring. Poor ground at the PCM (control module) can cause this as well.

Found that on a Mazda forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

no from all data, it said to prob it, i did and the motor turns over, so idk if its bad, no ohm load test specs on there to see if it has a high resistance or low to create the low circuit, tested wires to pcm, good and good power sorce

PM'ed you some useful vacation pix.

They should have the numbers your looking for.

Before my turbo went, it whined for about a 1000 miles, then one morning it began to whistle. That's when I stopped driving it and replaced it.

search for "142,000 miles on oem turbo".

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived