LegacyGT.com

Bone Stock, Mile high city

Here is my Bone stock 05 LGT 5speed. At Bandimere speedway. Morrison, CO

This was my first run with this car and my best for the day. 15.02

Clutch started slipping.............. after that day my clutch was toast. :spin:

Can barely drive the car now, haha. Clutch is on its way.

Mark

IMAG0494.thumb.jpg.7fa316a2bf9aa842c36fdb6b4437d975.jpg

Nice. what clutch are you going to replace it with. The stocker? Or do I smell a upgraded clutch to handle future power mods?

I have a exedy stage 2, with a lightweight flywheel ready and waiting :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Nice, now I dont have to do the run myself, thanks for taking one for the team.:)

lol no. a stock lgt should be running mid 14's. 14.5 sounds right. i'll reflash my ecu to stock and prove it if you don't agree with me

after reading your time slip, i came to the conclusion that your shifts took forever. especially first to second. my 60' was 2.153, (about the same, right?) then my 330' was 5.949. shift time is the biggest variable between a 14 second car and a 15. just snatch 2nd gear and slam 3rd, then dunk 4th lol. my first time ever at the strip with my jetta was upsetting. i only got a best of 15.6, then i went to try again, focusing on my shifting and knocked off a half second. chipped it then ran a 14.6 @98.4

then i'm gonna go ahead and say Road and Track or C&D (whichever did the review) is beyond delusional. a 14.1 stock? i've seen some bad track times, for example: i saw an sti run a 14.8. but i'll give you benefit of the doubt about the thin air. i wouldn't know about it since i live by the susquehanna

The thin air at elevation does make a huge difference. While I have never ran my Spec B at the track, when I had my 2001 Celica GTS 6MT with I/E, the best I could muster at Fallon, NV (~4300 ft) was a 15.9. However, when I took it down to Sacramento, CA (~100 ft) with the same mods it dropped down to a 14.9. Granted, I am sure the difference was bigger due to that being a N/A car so I suspect in a car like ours with a power adder, the difference might not be as extreme, perhaps more like 0.5-0.7 second.

:rolleyes: Of course you COULD but that would basically be the exact opposite of the point in having a quick Leggy. Strip out the AC, rear and passenger seats, strip out all the carpet, bumper beams, get out the SAWZALL and a torch...

Its less painful to lose a race when the other guy is in a stripped shell anyhow.

Unless I was only interested in the stock performance of an LGT engine... don't roll your eyes at me, dick... I think the Legacy would be a good track car, but once you mod them (engine performance), the reliability goes down pretty rapidly. Thanks for the info Doc. You should try and make the meet!

No way a stock LGT is getting in to the 13s in Denver, even stripped. I'm not sure a Stage2 LGT can even get to the 13s here...

The NHRA has their altitude correction factors, including FI cars...

http://www.nhra.net/tech_specs/altitude.html

NOTE: Supercharged and/or turbocharged cars (i.e.: AA/A, AA/AT, BB/A, BB/AT, A/PM and AA/PM) use half factor; TA/D and TA/FC cars are not factored.

NHRA ALTITUDE CORRECTION FACTORS

Stock & Super Stock

Convert to Sea Level Convert to Altitude

Track Name Alt ET MPH ET MPH

DIVISION 5

Denver, CO 5800 .9276 1.0773 1.0781 .9282

A 14.1 at sea level, would be a 14.65 for an FI car in Denver best case scenario, according to NHRA's correction factors. Then factor in heat and everything else. Altitude sucks that bad.

Thanks for the info Doc. You should try and make the meet!

I want to so badly But i am going to lake Powell with some buddies, leaving Saturday night. I work every Saturday, so a Sunday meet would be best in the future. Really want to come meet everyone

I want to so badly But i am going to lake Powell with some bodies, leaving Saturday night. I work every Saturday, so a Sunday meet would be best in the future. Really want to come meet everyone

Freudian slip there.

Archived