LegacyGT.com

wrx to a legacy GT

hi i'm new here need a lil help with some stuff. i have a 02 wrx with some mods just wanted to see what would fit on the 05 legacy gt both are wagons. thanks for the help.:):):) i will post some pics of the gt soon

vf48

sti tmic

750 top feed injector

255 fuel pump

cobb intake

bc racing coilovers

whiteline sway/strut

whiteline end links

subaru 4 pot/2 pot breaks

The injectors would work on newer legacies with top feed (07+), but '05 used side feed. The VF48 will bolt up if you use the sti topmount or use an FMIC kit but as others have mentioned you will need the intake manifold from an STI to use the STi top mount. The pump should fit although you may have to modify the assembly to fit. Highly unlikely that any of the suspesion pieces would fit.
lol

^+1 to what dr.sharp said.

I bet you could use the WL end links.

Also, just fyi, the subaru 4pot/2pot brakes are actually inferior to the oem legacygt brakes. The only oem subaru brakes that are an upgrade would be the sti brembos.

Also, just fyi, the subaru 4pot/2pot brakes are actually inferior to the oem legacygt brakes. The only oem subaru brakes that are an upgrade would be the sti brembos.

Really? How so? Not doubting you at all just never came across this info and it's pretty sweet to know since I've always been jealous of those 4pot/2pot's. :cool:

Not unless STI intake manifold/throttle body are used (among a couple other things I think).

ok so i would have to buy the sti intake manifold/throttle body to put in the vf48 and the sti tmic?

Really? How so? Not doubting you at all just never came across this info and it's pretty sweet to know since I've always been jealous of those 4pot/2pot's. :cool:

Well, the 4pot/2pot is a fixed caliper, which is nice but won't really be that noticeable; but the big factor is pad surface area. Yes, the 4pot/2pot subaru calipers have more pistons than the legacygt brakes, but smaller pads. Smaller pads = quicker increase in temp = more fade. Your stopping distances are only going to shrink with better tires, so all the Brembos even do is just give you much more fade resistance. Aside from the Brembos, the legacygt oem brakes have the largest pads among subaru brakes.

wowww guy thanks for all the info and for the bc if i change the top hat would that work?

I doubt it. They will probably not bolt to the spindle either.

ok so i would have to buy the sti intake manifold/throttle body to put in the vf48 and the sti tmic?

Yes. You can also run the VF48 by using a Process West tmic for the legacy, or going with a fmic.

Your going to have fun with the build. Ive done the sti swap look for my write up. Its probably the best out there. Im not just saying that because I wrote it. You will need to dremel the holes on the manifold to fit the tgvs tho

—Pirated Tapatalk app

Not really because you'll have to dremel them as well. Think about it. The bolts go thru the tgvs to the heads. Honestly keep the stock ones and stock tb. Save your money. Unless they are deleted. But save your money. Keep the lgt tgv and tb

—Pirated Tapatalk app

Archived