LegacyGT.com

Anyone know if the chrome surround trim can be removed from hood grill?

VXCL

Before i take mine off again to check i was hoping some1 knew. i want to copy this.

http://www.k2k2.jp/img/earo/BP_earo/050123-01b.jpg

it looks a lot nicer then i thought. i dont like the rbs grill cuz there is nothign blocking the hood latch and i don't like metal mesh, i woudl get the jdm one, but paying $300 for it not even avail in swp, and having to modify it to fit perfectly and paitn it isnt worth it. im mean $400 for a hood grill? ill take a dp. anyways i would like to just remove the chrome trim and leave it at my dealer for when they have extra swp from a job to just spray it for free. they did it for my rear placte frame and whata great deal. i dont want to have to leave the whole grill. ill prob be without out it for a good month. thanks

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

thanks. but are you saying it cant be removed? or its not needed? my concern is if it cant be removed i must leave the whole grill so anyone can have access under my hood very easily. i dont like that. maybe ill have to pay for the paint which is expensive just for my grill. idk. so can it come off or what. i really dont want to take it off just to find out no. but i guess i might have too.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Sorry, I didn't read the question well enough. The grille is one molded piece so you'd have to go without it completely while waiting for the paint job.

SOB that sucks @$$! ill have to go price out how much to get it painted and hold on to the extra paint i guess. i thought about matching the silver interiorpanels in my car to the exterior, but that may be too sporty from my honda days. idk

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

VXCL,

I have my OEM grille for sale as I don't need it anymore.

The Aussie and JDM one comes with only the chrome bit on the left and right of the badge and not all chrome around the perimeter like your USA one.

You can't simply remove even our chrome bits because these decoratives piece are screwed on from behind the grille.

It's in perfect condition and should fit your US one no probs.

I'll take a photo of it today and show you.

Regards,

Rob.

Melbourne.

G'day VXCL,

Here is my grille!

I took a shot from the back to show you all that the chrome bit is attached with 3 small screws and even if you take it off, it exposes a skeleton moulding that makes it unsightly and not viable to remove it.

It is a dark gunmetal colour same as your own I would suspect and should just drop straight in.

Rob

Melbourne.

Australia

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/7595/2434375img1mw.jpg

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/6930/2434400img9rs.jpg

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/7838/2444404img6fu.jpg

thanks guys. ill have to pop mine out again and check it out. another member sent me a pic of that gril in a us legacy and it seems without the chrome trim it is actually smaller and leaves a gap in the bumper along the bottom. i'm going to have to research this more. i dontwant no trim i just want the outer trim the color of the car or something along th elines of the jdm sport grill where its all the body color.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

thanks for the response. some say its molded some say there are screws. ill just take it off. but im def interested in the the aussie /jdm grill or whatever. pm sent.

On the USDM grille, the "wings" to the left and right of the badge are each held on with 3 screws (from behind). The chrome perimiter is not removable as it is cast as part of the grille.

On the USDM grille, the "wings" to the left and right of the badge are each held on with 3 screws (from behind). The chrome perimiter is not removable as it is cast as part of the grille.

SOB!!!! maybe ill take up one of the guys with the reg jdm grill to fill the gap in the meantime. while i get the chrome outline (not the wings) painted. idk. i now have to cal lth edealer shop and see what they say. maybe ill buy paint but i think thats a couple hundred!!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived