LegacyGT.com

wrx front brakes.

Well, for the 02-05 wrx front brakes (the cheaper one) you need.

02-05 wrx front calipers and caliper brackets

02-07 wrx rotors

Brake pads to mach the calipers. I say this because the pads on the 02 wrx are different from 03-05. Depending on the condition of your old brakes and if you know what your doing, the swap should take a couple hours. I've seen it done in about 20 mins though ;)

How much of a difference was it when you upgraded from stock ss brakes to the wrx brakes? Did you swap the rear also? I've seen someone use mitsu evo brembo calipers easily modified to bolt on with LGT spec b rotorsThey're cheaper and bigger than sti brakes. Thing is you want to upgrade the rear accordingly so brake balance is unaffected, not sure if evo brakes will also swap to the rear.

I've found that in my car, AWD, auto, non-abs,

it decided not to fill the WRX calipers very quickly.

Wasn't really an upgrade at all for me :/ If you have

ABS it has a larger bore Master Cylinder that'll fill the

front brakes much quicker. If you have a non-ABS you'll

need the larger 1-1/16th bore MC from the FWD SVX. I

haven't done that part yet, but yeah, the swap's easy as

crap, but the freakin brake bleed is always the annoying

part. That's part of the reason I haven't swapped them to

my 5spd wagon with ABS. I wish I would have just waited

to put them on that car instead haha

Now, will the stock rims clear WRX brakes? I have the

WRX rims on mine so I'm not sure how stock would fare.

The stock rims won't clear the wrx brakes iirc.

true^^^

i have wrx front brakes right now. takes about 20 mins. and replacing the lines with wrx does nothing. the pedal will feel "weird" for a week or 2 and then be back to normal. mine did anyway... i have the wrx brake booster, just waiting to get 4pot fronts.

my build thread will show you what i did.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sqc151s-white-night-183274.html

our rear brakes are vented vs wrx's non vented. so i would leave the rear alone unless u go wider in disc size. the stock rear brakes are just fine.

I've found that in my car, AWD, auto, non-abs,

it decided not to fill the WRX calipers very quickly.

Wasn't really an upgrade at all for me :/ If you have

ABS it has a larger bore Master Cylinder that'll fill the

front brakes much quicker. If you have a non-ABS you'll

need the larger 1-1/16th bore MC from the FWD SVX. I

haven't done that part yet, but yeah, the swap's easy as

crap, but the freakin brake bleed is always the annoying

part. That's part of the reason I haven't swapped them to

my 5spd wagon with ABS. I wish I would have just waited

to put them on that car instead haha

Now, will the stock rims clear WRX brakes? I have the

WRX rims on mine so I'm not sure how stock would fare.

So should I swap my turbo abs master cylinder into my non abs car with turbo brakes swapped already? Good to know about the different bore size, I had no idea it was different.

i want to do a cheaper big brake up grade. as camroncamera stated that the brakes are to small for this car, i do as well agree. what i need to know is what year wrx i need to use, if i can use the stock brake hoses and if there is anything else i need. i just want to order everything once and get it all done in one sitting.

So should I swap my turbo abs master cylinder into my non abs car with turbo brakes swapped already? Good to know about the different bore size, I had no idea it was different.

I dont think you can. The ABS has 4 ports and the

non-abs has 2. That's why you'd have to get one

from a 94-96 (I think) FWD SVX because they were

the only ones with wider bore with 2 ports. It will/

should have 1-1/16th stamped on the side of the

larger opening MC's.

Now did you notice a difference when you swapped

out the brakes or was it negligible? Mine was overall

unimpressive. I need to get that new MC some day.

On my old 1st gen I did wrx front and h6 rear brakes. Even with good pads there was quite a bit of pedal travel due to all the extra piston surface area. My 2nd gen has the bigger MC and the brakes are much better. Like was mentioned, the FWD SVX was the only car that came with a 1 1/16th MC and no ABS so that is the one you want to get (Centric part 130.57019).

You should also know that just putting on WRX front brakes is not a great thing because it moves the brake bias really far forward. To balance it back out you would want to get the 00-04 Legacy "H6" brakes. They use the same caliper as an 00-07 impreza but a taller bracket and bigger rotor.

Any reason not to "big" w/ LGT brakes instead?

wheel clearance and brake bias come to mind.

It's not an as. It's a 91 fwd wagon

i was refering to the post above.

honestly, youd be fine just changing the front brakes to wrx cause your fwd and have a much smaller rotor diameter than the SS.

wheel clearance and brake bias come to mind.

if there still 2pots in front and 1pot in rear. the slight rotor size wont make a difference. i have wrx brakes in front and honestly, nothing changed.

like i said above if anyone is reading this, if u want a noticeable difference, then spend the 1000 bucks on the wrx 4/2pot set up.

if there still 2pots in front and 1pot in rear. the slight rotor size wont make a difference. i have wrx brakes in front and honestly, nothing changed.

It does. The 91 fwd wagon has a 1-pot and 260mm front rotor. Going to a wrx sized 2-pot is a 30% increase in brake torque. Going to the 05+ LGT brakes is a 40% increase. You might as well just take the rear brakes off because they're not doing anything.

Upgrading RS/2nd gen LGT 2-pots to wrx size is a much smaller change, but when you move the bias forward you are having the rears do less work, and that will lengthen stopping distances. On a non-abs car it also means it'll be much easier to lock up the fronts.

i know the bias will change. i am aware of that. i was going to do the rears but i did not have the funds to do so. so i will have to wait to do the h6 swap when they get worn down again. i have the funds to take care of the fronts now. i know they have a much higher chance of locking up due to the much increase in brake force and surface area. i do appreciate the help. this all really helped me.

Archived