LegacyGT.com

Hit & Run - Honda CBR vs 2006 Subaru WRX Limited, STi

Halycon

Being at the wrong place at the wrong time might be an understatement for this situation; this is more like “Being at the wrong place, at the wrong time, against the wrong guy riding the right machine”. And for the guy on the Honda CBR, this is definitely not one of his lucky days.

A member of the North American Subaru Impreza Club was cruising idly at the windy roads of the lush green forest in Hyalite, Montana with some friends onboard. The road was quiet and virtually no traffic (except for the bike in front), until the peace was interrupted by a speeding CBR that passed their vehicle from the left, clipping the car’s front bumper.

Realizing that the CBR was building up speed to flee from the collision, the owner in his 2006 Subaru WRX STi mashed the pedal to the metal and gave chase to the fleeing superbike. And the ride was not the only sign of bad luck for the biker, as the STi’s owner is an experienced driver and knows the route like the back of his hand. And the best part of this chase is that it is all being recorded by the GoPro Hero2 mounted on the Subaru’s front bumper via a custom hook mount.

Despite the attempt to outrun the chasing STi, the biker could not shake off the STi from its rear for even a second. Realizing that running was virtually useless, the biker finally gave up and faced the music that he was in, letting go a "Dude, I so did not mean to do that!" as his first words to the STi owner. Luckily the damage was not that bad (the biker knocked off a carbon fiber accent from the front bumper) and the biker was made to find back the missing piece.

:lol:

hitnrun.jpg.d697f34eb900fb046eba6c657ac9a66f.jpg

when you watch the vid you can tell hes an amateur rider. his body positioning, speed on curves. poor posture = squid. I Hate people like this! Gives responsible riders a bad name.

ive been on 2 wheels since 12, raced em in my teens and for the majority of the average folk most will never extract the true performance out these sport bikes.

I used to out run my friends on their 600's on a 250! they would only up catch on the straights.

my buddies used to call me "green camel" cause that little rocket never needed gas.

when you watch the vid you can tell hes an amateur rider. his body positioning, speed on curves. poor posture = squid. I Hate people like this! Gives responsible riders a bad name.

I was waiting for somebody to post this out. The fact that he was wearing skate shoes also points to his inability to actually ride that bike and him being relatively new to riding.. He had absolutely no idea how to position himself through turns which is why he slowed down through those turns as much as he did. If that had been somebody who knew what they were doing and were capable of taking that bike through those curves like it wants to then there is absolutely no way that STi would have kept up.

Archived