LegacyGT.com

Toyo Proxies R1R - thoughts?

dr_sharp

I'm in the market and trying to decide between Advan Neova AD08 (current tire, but most expensive), Dunlop Direzza Star Spec (lots of good reviews), or potentially trying these new Toyos.

Any input would be appreciated.

lol

^you are thinking of the RA-1's which are a road race semi-rcomp. the R1R's are in the same class as the other tires the OP mentioned. I have the R1R's myself. they are amazing inthe wet, but a bit squirmy for autox on a heavy car since the tread blocks are a bit more divided than the dunlops or the yoko's. the grip is just as good though. if you dont autox, then the R1R's are a great deal and worth getting. if you do autox alot, then the dunlops are a better tire for the legacy. the yoko are this the best tire of the three though.

well, they are. get yo' wallet out. :lol:

honestly, there is very little difference between the 3 if you dont race on some level. you'd be more than happy with the R1R's

you can also look at the hankook ventus RS-3. its also and extreme performance summer that is on the same level as the other tires we are talking about.

Archived