LegacyGT.com

Anyone using wheel spacers with stock ride height and stock wheels?

Your experience is irrelevant. That's what he's stating. Nothing for comparison between a FWD staggered spacer setup when the poster clearly asked for spacer experience on a LGT, which is AWD and should be a squared setup. You're wandering/tracking issues don't surprise me in the least running a wider rear track with a FWD car - it's the equivalent of a Big Wheel® power train...

i don't appreciate someone saying that anything on my old car was junk. or because it being fwd that it's not as good as awd. but anyway, it was staggered because the rear fenders on vw's are wider than the front.

Your experience is irrelevant. That's what he's stating. Nothing for comparison between a FWD staggered spacer setup when the poster clearly asked for spacer experience on a LGT, which is AWD and should be a squared setup. You're wandering/tracking issues don't surprise me in the least running a wider rear track with a FWD car - it's the equivalent of a Big Wheel® power train...

thank you for the info

Awesome pics! Car looks awesome.. One thing i kinda worried about is how it looks from straight back. Do the wheels look unnaturally far apart? Everything else looks great, your offset and wheel clearance looks perfect.

no, the wheels look like thats where they should be. also the handling has improved alot aswell. Dare i say it feels more like a wrx. only thing that concerns me now is that in winter i will need splash guards. the tires will be kicking up dirt directly on the lower side of my car

• I Donated Too
hubcentric spacers shouldn't cause tracking issues, it's when you use spacers aligned by lugs that you end up feeling like the wheels are going to fall off. My friend has a 2011 WRX with 15mm hubcentric spacers and it drives as true as stock. The change in scrub angle does affect very low speed driving though, like manuevering in/out of parking spaces.

Archived