LegacyGT.com

UOA shows dilution. Help diagnose the source

I haven't heard of any complaints about Amsoil, other then the total cost.

They have been around for a long time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You said you replaced the plugs. with reccomended ngk's. were they a colder temp by any chance?

No I used the OEM temp plugs. I considered 1SC but I don't drive aggressively often enough to warrant that and didn't want the issues that might arise from not doing so.

I have decided to go with 5000 mile OCI on both my cars, using Amsoil European 5w-40 and there filters. If I did a OA and paid the $35.00 for that...+ postage, I figure, I'll just put that money towards the next oil change, and be safe.

I think this is where I'm headed with this. The oil analysis that I get through Amsoil is only about $25 postage paid but like you say, that's a decent chunk of $ toward oil and filter.

I haven't heard of any complaints about Amsoil, other then the total cost.

The only complaint I have is that the Trico wiper I bought for the rear of my wagon, which was the one they listed for my car, had the wrong type of connection. I just pulled the rubber and put it in my old arm rather than hassle with returning it.

It doesn't take a huge amount of purchases to recoup the cost of signing up for their preferred customer program. The initial 6 month trial is $10 and the full annual fee is $20. For this you get the products for wholesale price. I was buying OE for less than I had been paying for Rotella T6. My membership lapsed and when it had been a couple months they gave me another 30 days. Now, even though I haven't re-upped, they offer me 10% off. When I get ready to place another order, which will have to be before my next oil change, I'll pay the $20.

Archived