LegacyGT.com

Jittery Acceleration and Rough Idle Sometimes drop 200

140 K GT Leggy

The problem is in the title. I cleaned the MAF and its sensor from carbon buildup. What else could be causing this?

I glanced and didnt see any vacuum leaks. Apparently you can spray starter fluid around the hoses and if it revs it means there is your leak.

Is the turbo giving up? Isnt there a way to check it without getting too deep in? Maybe looking to se if it is blowing oil somewhere it aint supposed to.

Otherwise its shop-time

I'm not quite sure how carbon could build up on the maf sensor, but I hear what you're saying.

is it misfiring? any codes? might be a bad vac leak somewhere, do the starter fluid trick around the intercooler and inlet.

A lot of us have learned that the o-rings between the intake manifold and TVG's will leak over time. I replaced mine last May. Because of low idle and stalling when it was cold out.

When you see the new o-rings next to the old ones, you'll understand.

My car had about the same miles your has when I did this.

It is a job you can do yourself if you'd like to.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
No, they just sit in the grove. When you see the new ones next to the old ones you'll understand why the old ones suck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

A lot of us have learned that the o-rings between the intake manifold and TVG's will leak over time. I replaced mine last May. Because of low idle and stalling when it was cold out.

When you see the new o-rings next to the old ones, you'll understand.

My car had about the same miles your has when I did this.

It is a job you can do yourself if you'd like to.

Is there a DIY for these o-rings?

is it possible that its the heat? I had a rough idle, dropping to 200 as well, but it went away after it got a little cooler. This is just a guess on my part so dont take what I'm saying for fact, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help us both.

Archived