LegacyGT.com

air in powerbsteering system. HELP!!

Have an 05 lgt just did the water pump and timing belt. Had to disconnect the supply and return for the PS. Can anyone help me with this. I turned the wheels back and forth on a lift for about 2 hours. One with the car off one with the car at idle. There is still air coming out is this normal for it to take this long? Does anyone know an easier way the the wheel turn? It seems like the fluid rises more when I turn the wheel to the left. Can there be some sort of restriction? If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Go find a parking lot and driver the in figure 8's at low speed going lock to lock on the steering wheel.

Just had to do this about 3 weeks ago. It took a while and a few days to get it all out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Do you think it will be OK to drive like that? The pump is whining. I have it on a lift now so I'm going to turn the wheels some more to try and get more air out. The steering wheel feels chattery when its not moving on the ground.

whining pump ? how is the level in the tank ?

Keep a bottle of fluid with you. fill to the min line as needed.

You should need to drive to far to find a place you can do figure 8's.

Can you drive the car on your lawn ? You don't need to drive fast, do this very slowly and make tight figure 8's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Well on the lift the whining was getting better to the point I only heard it when I hit lock. But on the ground the wheel is chattering when I turn it. I guess I will just keep turning it. The fluid is good. I over fill it so it don't run low. When I turn the wheel the fluid will come up then settle sown. Is that was yours did?

I wasn't watching what mine did. I had the steering rack replaced and had to get the air out of the system.

The way to get air out is do figure 8's at low speed in a parking lot or where ever you can do that at very low speed in 1st gear if its a stick.

I mean you go about 2mph or so

Archived