LegacyGT.com

H tech vs S tech Tein springs

im on s tech,s and kyb struts ... rides pretty much like coilovers ...plus im running 225/40/18 tires.. that makes it a bit rougher . but im use to lowered cars ...

the drop on the s techs are perfect least for me

few pics .. i now have 5mm spacers on the rear so the fronts are flush with the back depth wise

Rides like coilovers?

I bet they don't handle like coilovers? I didn't think stechs were that stiff?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Bumping this thread. I'm looking to get opinions from people how have combined Tein H techs with OEM struts. Hows the ride quality and how much, if at all, does it shorten the life of the strut?

You bumped the sh*& out of this thread. Dang.

I just threw on h-tech with blown oem shocks, didn't know they were done for prior to or would've bought some kyb's. I like them. But for my situation, even with 3/8 spacers on the rear, it looks slightly lower than the front. Maybe it's just the way it looks... Or does anyone else have this issue?

Ride wise, couldn't tell much of a difference. Had a full load of people and probably 150lb of crap in the trunk, and the ride was fine. Although the back did sag over the wheels.

Yea, I figured it was better then starting a whole new thread though.

Thanks for the input. I've heard people said rear spacers are needed and others say their not. Just a gamble I guess.

All I can say is for my 05 legacy wagon, it was a good move. I assume fresh springs will lower as it settles anyway, so I'd definitely go with a pair of spacers. Worst case, your rears will be slightly high and you'll get that muscle car look :cool:

Looks like I half ass read the forums. I got S tech wagon springs so the rears won't sag but I guess I'm not going to put them on the 10 year old struts. Hell, I may just call it quits and resell them.

Looks like I half ass read the forums. I got S tech wagon springs so the rears won't sag but I guess I'm not going to put them on the 10 year old struts. Hell, I may just call it quits and resell them.

Is there a difference? I was under the impression there were no wagon-specific H or S tech springs. Tein says their springs can be used on both a sedan and wagon.

Is there a difference? I was under the impression there were no wagon-specific H or S tech springs. Tein says their springs can be used on both a sedan and wagon.

At this point not even sure. Website says Sedan, the springs I got came form a member here who had them on their wagon and the part numbers on them don't take me anywhere near the ones online.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/F62DF717-C5AB-4C90-A88E-1FFC6A7CA176_zps7wokpep8.jpg~original

Archived