LegacyGT.com

What is the ultimate $40k daily driver?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you need post count... just post in newer threads. :)

Sorry not trying to increase my post count, just seeing if there is any interest here for my NSX :)

Which I might be listing after the summer.

And how many posts do you need to post in the classifieds?

Nothing wrong with a NSX, but it's laughable as a daily driver.

Cts-v. I've been thinking of getting a 2nd gen one of those recently. Lots of comfort and insane power stock. Once modded they can run 10's all day and still be a nice comfy 4 door luxury sedan!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Nsx is so overpriced! I thought if getting one before I bought an S2000 but was at least double the price with about the same performance. Looks cool and all but less fun to drive and way too expensive for the performance!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

what are the details on the nsx? and where are you located?

I live in Morgantown, WV. I was planning to list the NSX after the summer. Here is the Listing from when I bought it in May 2012. I am running OEM 1997-2001 polished rims, Not the Blitz set up. I have done some other things as well and can provide details if you'd like. email me

dcunananmd@gmail.com

Thank you,

Don

Nsx is so overpriced! I thought if getting one before I bought an S2000 but was at least double the price with about the same performance. Looks cool and all but less fun to drive and way too expensive for the performance!

You're right. The NSX should never be bought or sold. People should also not buy Ferrari or Porsche or anything that costs more than the S2000, j/k of course.

On a side note, I didn't buy my NSX for "performance". I bought it because when I was a senior in high school, that car was My dream car. I wanted that car for 22 years.

If I wanted bang for the buck, I would go with an 09 Z06 or something like that. Funny you mention the S2000, because I am a fan for sure, but apples and oranges. Sit in an NSX (your driving position is unmatched), drive a 91, pre-power assisted steering, the 5 speed gearbox... Watch I think the MX-5 guys might even say the S2000 is overpriced for what they can do with a Miata for the same $$

Please spend 9 min watching this video and see why someone / anyone Might buy an NSX

haha well those are higher performance so in that regards they make sense to cost a lot more the NSX costs a lot more but not really any increased performance at all.

I have sat in an NSX I considered purchasing one but it felt much more like a touring car compared to the nibble feeling of the S2000. Nice car but being 25 years old and still costing over 30 grand I could never imagine spending that on it personally. I like how they look, much more so the more recent years but wasn't excited but how it drove really. I wanted to like it though so I could justify its high price tag.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

haha well those are higher performance so in that regards they make sense to cost a lot more the NSX costs a lot more but not really any increased performance at all.

I have sat in an NSX I considered purchasing one but it felt much more like a touring car compared to the nibble feeling of the S2000. Nice car but being 25 years old and still costing over 30 grand I could never imagine spending that on it personally. I like how they look, much more so the more recent years but wasn't excited but how it drove really. I wanted to like it though so I could justify its high price tag.

This. They look great outside but the interior is dated. I would love to own one but not as a DD.

Ultimate and DD don't seem to go together. A Lexus IS 350 AWD is a pretty nice DD and not slow.

sitting in one and driving one is 2 complete things. with some minor suspension work the nsx handles amazing. also you can purchase a clean one with decent mileage(150k or so) for low 20s.

i do agree tho, they are expensive for maintence, but as long as you keep up with it, they dont need very much. when you start neglecting them is when it cost you.

Oh I have driven them as well. Just not very exciting to me. Most exciting part was knowing how they look but the power was very weak. Handling is good but didn't feel nearly as good as my S2000 but mine is also not stock so not a fair comparison.

150K miles 15+ years old and low to mid 20K is still crazy expensive for the performance. If buying for rarity and all it makes sense but performance not so much.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

well to each his own. i do agree they are expensive especially for such an old car, i would not dd one personally, but what rare sports cars are cheap. supra, nsx, ect.

and yes i do agree, stock they dont really give you the performance you would expect, but its really in the handling and how the car was designed. also the weight from the all aluminum body. supercharger/turbo on the other hand, thats a whole different story haha.

Yeah I just wish they were cheaper. I can't justify that much on such an old car with such little performance stock. Boosted they are fun. I drove a friends old NSX with a comptech sc. It was a lot more fun that NA but still needed more power for me. Maxed out under 400whp with that setup I believe. That's just me being HP greedy though lol.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Archived