LegacyGT.com

New to this forum but need some help.

I am needing to know why in the world my 2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i has oil all over the engine? There is no oil on the ground (Car has been parked for 4 days) and when you drive it for a few mins you can smell the oil burning off. But seems to not go away. The oil has been there for about 1 month of so. Thanks

First off, have you checked the oil level ?

You may want to swing by a repair shop and have them look at it.

You may take it to a car wash and wash the engine then begin to check it more closely after driving to see if you can see the leak.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have been checking the oil levels about every 3-5 days. I washed it off once and it all came back like 2-4 days later. I know there is a leak but i have know clue where to find it. Any idea where it could be? Thanks a lot.

Clean again, take to shop have them run a dye check and take back to find leak. Its only one method to find a leak there are many.

After the engine is clean, or wiped down where you can. look it over, get a good idea where things are.

You should be able to where the rotating parts are and the seals are, BTW the rear crank seal would leak out the bottom.

Do you have a copy of the service manual ? there are pictures in there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's common for the hose near the PCV on the back side by the throttle body to throw oil everywhere as well (but that's on the rear of the motor and passenger side). Head gaskets on 05 seems a bit strange unless you've got a lot of miles. I've seen cam seals go before hg's on the never n/a's. Always impossible to figure any of this out without seeing the car though...

Archived