LegacyGT.com

Karboy Endlink bushings for Wagons

BarManBean

• Moderators

I'm ordering a bushing replacement kit for kartboy endlinks since one of the little rubber pieces is torn. I'm confused because the kartboy website says the kit they have is not compatible for wagons. The previous own of the setup i have had it installed on a wagon and seems to have used the normal bushings...confused. Kartboy is telling me that they have a "crush tube" bushing for wagons, but I'd rather not order two of those (one for each side) if it's not needed and I can just order one of the new rubber sets.

Anyone using crush tube bushings with their KB endlinks...never heard of this issue before.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
I am emailing them, talking with a guy named Tom. Problem is that I'm getting a bit of a run around and things like "i have it but it's not on the website"...also, like you said, if cutler wasn't using them they're probably fine...

Tom = Kartboy owner :D

I know their website leaves a bit to be desired too. I suppose it comes down to how worried you are about something going wrong if you don't have them. If I were you I would replace all the bushings, but that's just me. I say that because I recall some of the bushings looking pretty rough and you don't want any of them tearing.

I am emailing them, talking with a guy named Tom. Problem is that I'm getting a bit of a run around and things like "i have it but it's not on the website"...also, like you said, if cutler wasn't using them they're probably fine...

I have the vendor information on where I got my endlinks they are kart boy. I dont know if they are"wagon" ones but they work very well. It is posted on a different forum under suspension/brakes. or I could be nice and find it and post it here for you.

• Moderators

Will give 'em a call, thanks.

I don't think I'll be replacing all of the bushings (would be $120 for all of them, seems a bit excessive at the moment!) If they do tear, it won't be the end of the world to get under there and put some new ones in.

Wagon endlinks are not for the 05-09 Legacy regardless of whether it is a wagon.

The wagon refers to the WRX wagon from 02-07. All 90-04 Legacies and 93-01 Imprezas also use "wagon" endlinks.

The difference is in the mount on the front control arms. The "wagon" arms are like this:

http://jamalb.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1014&g2_serialNumber=2

And you can see that the lower hole is smaller:

http://jamalb.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1010&g2_serialNumber=2

"Sedan" arms, like are on all 05-09 Legacies, mount the endlink differently, in single shear, and use the same size bolt top and bottom:

http://hellafunctional.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Front-endlinks.jpg

So in conclusion, even if you have an LGT wagon, you need "sedan" front endlinks.

Archived