LegacyGT.com

First LegacyGT LA Gunslingers Ball - Sat Jun16, 11am @ LA Gun Club (downtown LA)

LosAngelesLGT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to do another meet for the 15th but I was unsure how my recovery from flipping a quad in the desert would go.

Not as fast as I thought apparently. I suppose I would have been better off rolling (sideways) the quad than flipping it (end over end). Oh well, at least my body protected the quad from the impact...

Anyhow how do we feel about MR PAINBALL, Escondito, CA 7/22?

I am pretty sure I can get Mike and Todd from Infamous to come.

Sorry to hear your on the mend but at least u were havin fun doing it. The weekend of 7/22 I'll be on a road trip with the fam in Big Sur or Monterey.

Max, how do u like that Durango? How much will it tow? I'm selling my sweet rock crawling Jeep for something a bit more tame that will tow a RV.

Magnum motors (5.2/5.9) > 4.7L pos motor

5.2L tranny weak, had to build mine custom for towing

5.9L tranny a BEAST

2.7L tranny good

Airbags/ride control in the rear

I like the Durango enough that I put something like $7000 into it after test driving new Jeeps, new Durango, new P/ups... Only things I really liked better were Mercedes and well... NO SH!T. It toally depends on what you want to haul. You know I haul a 4000lb+ trailer with a ~550lb tongue weight.

The "new" Durango hauls "9000"lbs and has 100more hp. Its bigger on the outside, smaller in the inside, the windows are way too high up the doors creating bad blind spots near the vehicle, has to have a back up camera otherwise you CANT and gets the EXACT SAME TERRIBLE GAS MILEAGE. WTF. If they made the EXACT same thing as my 1999 but it got TWICE the gas mileage... I would have bought it.

Anyhow, if space needs are a concern (they are for us) you are not going to find a better mid-size tow vehicle with the exception of a Toureg or however they are spelled. The VW has automatic air ride, low range gears, etc.

My Durango is not 4x4.

IS EVERYONE INTERESTED IN GOING PAINTBALLING THIS MONTH OR DO WE NEED TO PUSH A MONTH?

• 3 months later...

Archived