LegacyGT.com

Screech on startup ...

When I start this 1995 legacy there is a (quite loud) screeching sound that goes away after a second or 2.

I think it's coming from the steering pump area.

I recently removed the steering pump and replaced a couple of seals. The steering fluid level now seems stable and there is no sign of steering fluid on the top of the engine -- so I think that problem is addressed -- but I have this screech on startup instead.

I tightened the steering pump belt and it looks reasonable taught. Is it likely too tight -- or do I need to tighten it further?

Thanks,

Rob

OK -- I tightened the belt down pretty much as far as the adjustment would go -- now it starts without the screech. Don't quite understand why it needed that -- maybe the belt is a bit stretched and will need to be replaced soon. Thanks for your response broknindarkagain.

• I Donated
OK -- I tightened the belt down pretty much as far as the adjustment would go -- now it starts without the screech. Don't quite understand why it needed that -- maybe the belt is a bit stretched and will need to be replaced soon. Thanks for your response broknindarkagain.

Anytime

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived