LegacyGT.com

A Big Ordeal for Nothing

GT_Red

What they said. Neither a filter or a BOV are useful, necessary or even desirable when you still have the stock turbo. Next time, do your research before you spend. If you're looking for the bang for buck power bump, invest in a pro tune and a downpipe, if you don't already have one.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• I Donated Too
Ok thanks assholes.

I was just sharing some experience, and it was the MAF sensor.

Thanks for nothing.

I understand completely what I was doing. I know the car may not like a new filter, and I know there is no benefit to that or the BOV, but I WANTED TO. I've always loved the sound of the HKS SQV, and if it doesn't hurt the car, then I wanted to have it. Why, because I CAN.

http://i.qkme.me/368atb.jpg

You would have expected the MAF to be a "problem" when dicking around with your intake had you followed any of the direction you were given yesterday. More effort into reading and comprehending what people are saying. Less effort into acting like an impetuous dickbag because you didn't like their tone... Had you done that, you would have planned on cleaning your MAF and tuning your car after making intake changes and you wouldn't have had any problems.

Hey,

You may have seen my posting about the ebay seller. That wasn't even my problem once it got eclipsed by my car going haywire and stalling out.

It all started when I installed a newly purchased AEM drycharge drop in filter. I was installing it to get a little more umph out of the HKS Sqv I was planning to install.

So once the filter was in I started having all kinds of CEL rough idel, stalling...so I took it to my Pepboys (don't cringe, they are good), and the guy broke out his diagnostic computer thingy, and said it was running very lean. I kind of figured it was MAF related. So since we started with the filter, we popped in a cheapy oem one and it got better, however the tech (ASE cert) wasn't satisfied. He cleaned the MAF, drove it a few times logging, and seeing what the car was doing. Then replaced the gas cap too and all is well again.

What puzzles me is, when I bought the car, it had an oem type tube with the MAF to plug into and just a cheap Spectre cone filter on the end of it. It ran ok, didn't stall or give me any grief, but did run better once I installed a stock airbox. So I am curious to know why it would suddenly hate a panel filter when it ran for a long time with a cone one?

Forget about the BOV now, if it won't even take a panel filter...if any takers $160 + Shipping. Has recirc kit. Filter for sale too, $60 shipped.

yup, i stopped reading as soon as you said that.

Archived