LegacyGT.com

JDM BP4B EJ20Y Lightened Fly wheel and replacement clutch - Stage 1.5?

Hi Guys,

I've been messing about with my car for a while now and was about to get a remapped ECU or a piggy back unit, but decided i wanted to go for a lighetened flywheel and uprated clutch first.

Can anyone advise of a good JDM or US Brand to use, obviously i've looked at HKS and the others but i wondered who else had done this stuff and what was good and bad.

I'm looking at something that is stage 1+ i'm not really happy going to a full stage 2 setup, as this car is my daily driver - so if there was such a thing as a stage 1.5 thats what i'd be after - so nothing to light that will destroy engine stability and something with proven clutch combo would be great.

My cars an EJ20Y chassis code BP4B JDM so it's a little different to the 2.5 GT's most of you have, but still puts out a good strong 280bhp and 260ftlbs torque - I know the lightweight flywheel wont do much to the BHP , but im expecting better reponsiveness - and yes i'm aware of the downsides such as hill's etc....

Hope to learn something from you ladies and gents - don't hold back

Having a LWFW, I would tell you not to get one. Get a single mass FW like the WRX has. That's what a lot of guy's here do.

If I were you, I'd contact one of the vendors here like JSCspeed (check the vendor link at the top of every forum) or Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com and ask them what they recommend.

My 05 wagon has a Spec LWFW and now has a Spec 2 clutch in it. I'm very happy with the clutch, I just replaced the Spec 2+ clutch that served me well for over 80,000 miles. This Spec 2 clutch is easier to drive and so far is doing fine. I have 500 miles on it.

I put the Spec 2 on the new short block before I installed it 2 weeks ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived