LegacyGT.com

2014 Dodge Dart SRT4 (~300HP)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the non srt dart, the 1.4 multi air turbo, the turbo itself actually even uses a surge valve anti lag system. Upon throttle plate closure a surge valve opens (seperate from the wastegate) and dumps excess boost pressure back into the turbine housing.. help keeping the turbo in boost.

I still work for chrysler. Still go to training. Still get told things from engineering. If youd like people to keep there mouth shut id advise you to start with the star and training centers

1055 is right. I've worked for Nissan for 5 years, and there are certain things you find out from training, and parts/service reps if you're actually interested. People need to quit getting their panties in a wad.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm an Audi tech and have been to training often too. The problem is they tell us all the new models coming out with all these new powertrains that almost NEVER happen or make it to the states. There was talk of a R8 V12 TDi that would have been the first diesel powered supercar. They couldn't get a trans to stay together behind it. In order to actually build one they would have to put one of the LeMans car's race trans behind it. Before it came out I heard rumors of the Caliber SRT was supposed to be 300hp and awd.............look what you got. I don't believe the rumor mill until the actual finished product is in front of me.

With the non srt dart, the 1.4 multi air turbo, the turbo itself actually even uses a surge valve anti lag system. Upon throttle plate closure a surge valve opens (separate from the wastegate) and dumps excess boost pressure back into the turbine housing.. help keeping the turbo in boost.

We had that since 91 in a 200 turbo that was done through vacuum. The current 2.0TFSi has it electronically controlled as do our TDi engines. Nothing new there. BTW it doesn't keep the turbo in boost. It recirculates boost pressure to the intake side to keep the impeller of the turbo spinning (in which the turbo is always spinning) between shifts. By doing so it takes less time for the turbo to spool back up.

We had that since 91 in a 200 turbo that was done through vacuum. The current 2.0TFSi has it electronically controlled as do our TDi engines. Nothing new there. BTW it doesn't keep the turbo in boost. It recirculates boost pressure to the intake side to keep the impeller of the turbo spinning (in which the turbo is always spinning) between shifts. By doing so it takes less time for the turbo to spool back up.

No. This actually dumps into the exhaust. Im aware of audis early 90's system.

No. Fixed turbine in a run of the mill housing, which has a seperate surge valve that dumps excess boost pressure back into the uppipe right before the compressor housing.

It doubles as fresh air in the exhaust (lowering emissions) while keeping the turbo spooled.

To unclusterf*** what 1055 has been talking about I talked to my friend who has been a Mopar tech for 14 years and was in Dart school earlier this week.

As of now there is ZERO offical details about the Dart SRT. No powertrain specs have been released.

There is also nothing new about the turbo system. It is the same system as pretty much any newer turbo system using a solenoid for boost recirculattion.

The "new" technology is the intake valves themselves. They are electronically controlled and not mechanically controlled. They use solenoids to control the intake valve which the cam does NOT drive them. THe exhaust valves are cam driven.

I think the biggest question here is "who wants to be the guinea pig to find out how new Fiat quality is compared to their old junk?"

Fiat = not the best reputation for quality automobiles

Chrysler = not the best reputation for quality automobiles

Fiat + Chrysler + new technology = somebody else let me know how it all works out

I thought Chrysler had finally learned from their mistakes after committing horrible crimes against the Charger and Challenger legacy in the 80s. Especially the Challenger; the Charger at least had a Shelby version that was fairly quick for what it was in its time. They did a good job redeeming themselves i 2006 and again in 2009. Now, here comes the Fiat "Dart". Maybe they can make one with a funky open air bed-thing attached to the back and call it the "lil red express truck"

To unclusterf*** what 1055 has been talking about I talked to my friend who has been a Mopar tech for 14 years and was in Dart school earlier this week.

As of now there is ZERO offical details about the Dart SRT. No powertrain specs have been released.

There is also nothing new about the turbo system. It is the same system as pretty much any newer turbo system using a solenoid for boost recirculattion.

The "new" technology is the intake valves themselves. They are electronically controlled and not mechanically controlled. They use solenoids to control the intake valve which the cam does NOT drive them. THe exhaust valves are cam driven.

All i am reiterating is what i have been told at the training center i attend. Nothing more nothing less.

And the 'new technology' of multi air is only new to chrysler in the dart. Fiat has been using it previously.

Yes they are solenoid controlled, giving complete control over lift point and duration. They are somewhat driven off the exhaust cam as the cam drives individual oil pumps for each cylinder using a traditional roller rocker system mated to a piston. Its a high pressure low volume system and with few moving parts i imagine it being fairly reliable.

And the 'new technology' of multi air is only new to chrysler in the dart. Fiat has been using it previously.

Fiat has done lots of things previously. Many of them don't inspire me to give them money.

One thing Fiat did was kick Strongsville Dodge out of their nice building and send them off to an old dump in North Olmstead. It's now Strongsville Fiat. I think I have seen two Fiats on the road. With that kind of volume maybe they should bought an abandoned gas station and not make me drive so far to ogle Challengers.

The 283 hp v-6 Avenger seems like a better car for 17k.

Fiat has done lots of things previously. Many of them don't inspire me to give them money.

One thing Fiat did was kick Strongsville Dodge out of their nice building and send them off to an old dump in North Olmstead. It's now Strongsville Fiat. I think I have seen two Fiats on the road. With that kind of volume maybe they should bought an abandoned gas station and not make me drive so far to ogle Challengers.

The 283 hp v-6 Avenger seems like a better car for 17k.

I personally like the 3.6 pentastar.. but wouldnt buy one until they figure out the left side head issue.

• 2 weeks later...

This new dodge dart srt looks pretty interesting. I'd love to get into one of these if it's awd and competitive with the wrx/sti/evo/golf r. With fiats quality, these dodge's interior are starting to look and feel really nice, and that can give them a big advantage over subaru's cheap interiors.

Now if they only make an srt version of the avenger, which IMO is an extremely attractive looking body, and with a few "srt exclusive" dual exhaust and some flares or something can look pretty damn sweet.

This new dodge dart srt looks pretty interesting. I'd love to get into one of these if it's awd and competitive with the wrx/sti/evo/golf r. With fiats quality, these dodge's interior are starting to look and feel really nice, and that can give them a big advantage over subaru's cheap interiors.

Now if they only make an srt version of the avenger, which IMO is an extremely attractive looking body, and with a few "srt exclusive" dual exhaust and some flares or something can look pretty damn sweet.

Thatll never happen. The avenger is an econobox that they will be phasing out in the next few years. They ruined the latest generation by keeping the old avenger name. They were smart with getting rid of the sebring in favor of the 200 (same exact car) and should have done the same with the avenger.

Thatll never happen. The avenger is an econobox that they will be phasing out in the next few years. They ruined the latest generation by keeping the old avenger name. They were smart with getting rid of the sebring in favor of the 200 (same exact car) and should have done the same with the avenger.

A damn shame too. The avenger looks like something very srt worthy. Looks way better than the caliber or neon did.

If they have a SRT6 caliber, it's possible.

Dodge has prototype street legal SRT10 challengers out there, anything is possible.

I'd love to see how the dart turns out. Not a fan of the front end. Too european looking. The back end is in line with the Dodge// look. The interior is nice as well.

I always got the impression it was trying to compete with the ford focus/fusion/cobalt/corola/civic market and the turbo model was for people who wanted the power as an option.

Most of dodge's advertisement has been about power. Most power in its class, biggest motor, etc.

If they have a SRT6 caliber, it's possible.

Dodge has prototype street legal SRT10 challengers out there, anything is possible.

I'd love to see how the dart turns out. Not a fan of the front end. Too european looking. The back end is in line with the Dodge// look. The interior is nice as well.

I always got the impression it was trying to compete with the ford focus/fusion/cobalt/corola/civic market and the turbo model was for people who wanted the power as an option.

Most of dodge's advertisement has been about power. Most power in its class, biggest motor, etc.

They already sell the v10 challenger, its the dragpack one. Special order to compete with the copa? Camaro and supersnake mustang..

Right. But therea no vin on that. Its not street legal. There ARE srt10 street legal prototypes out there, but no word on production, limited runs, etc.

I was trying to get at the point that you cant ever rule out a srt model completely, even if chrysler says no. If demand is high enough and theres a decent profit for chrysler they'll do it

"Fiat" and "quality" in the same sentence? I don't take JD power results as gospel, but guess what car company was dead last?

Chrysler has finally started making some headway into making better interiors in any event. I'm not sure what is wrong with Subaru interiors but they all look much better than anything designed by Chrysler/Dodge prior to the 2009 model year. The Avenger needs to have a couple more inches of legroom in the back, or it needs to go away.

You're going to tell me that Subaru interiors aren't filled with cheap plastic?

Being a valet, I have sat in many cars. I'm not impressed at all with my dads 02 ram, my sister 07 charger, or my moms 08 300c, but I have sat in the new style 300/charger and they are very comfortable. The interior design looks good too. While I like the design in my 11 wrx, the quality is meh.

Archived