LegacyGT.com

warming up your legacy

I just drive like every other college kid at my school, get in crank the key don't even let the starter disengage before I'm smashin the throttle and going all the way to redline in every gear :eek:

I cringe everytime I see someone do that, Subaru or not, I don't think you always have to warm your car up but it doesn't need to see redline immediately, but there's alot of kids at school who don't seem to car. I warm mine up in the winter just because I don't like the cold, I want a nice toasty car when I get in :)

I just drive like every other college kid at my school, get in crank the key don't even let the starter disengage before I'm smashin the throttle and going all the way to redline in every gear :eek:

I cringe everytime I see someone do that, Subaru or not, I don't think you always have to warm your car up but it doesn't need to see redline immediately, but there's alot of kids at school who don't seem to car. I warm mine up in the winter just because I don't like the cold, I want a nice toasty car when I get in :)

and then, i walked through the Lincoln Tunnel

I live in a neighborhood (like most people) and I get almost everywhere by freeway/highway. By the time I am out of the neighborhood the oil is more than fine and by the time I am merging on the highway I am good to go WOT. My experience.

I like how newer BMW's are set up. As the car warms up it allows you to hit higher RPM's. So it physically wont let you beat on it while its still cold. I think it wont even let you go over 3K until its at least warm.

I go by that rule of thumb, until she comes up from cold she wont see anything over 2500 and until she's fully warm nothing over 3500.

The 07-09 LGTs won't let you use the Sport Sharp mode until the oil temp is warm. Not quite the same thing, but a similar idea to prevent people from trying to fully utilize the turbo on a cold engine.

Archived