LegacyGT.com

The Lacy Project

Only get your block sleeved by a very reputable machine shop who knows what they are doing with a Subaru block and don't expect to pay any less than $700-1000. Don't sleeve your 25. Get another block if that is the direction you want to go.

^^^Monkey, do you plan to sleeve the 2.2 motor?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soooooo, monkey are you planning to go ahead with the 2.2L Turbo build with the 25 heads?

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and use the 22T. I'm still working out the details. I may just keep the internals since they should be good. I may get new pistons though. I am thinking 20s heads, 205 intake mani, ecu, bigger injectors. But we'll see. I need to research and save up some money. I will go with a tmic and Td04 to start. Also I need to find a 6MT STi trans, WRX crossmember, new axles, bigger brakes...

I hear you Texas. I was thinking about calling the guy up and see if he would sell the just the spare 22T, but that would be a little crazy at this point. The running SS looks to be pretty nice though. Manual, TD04, tmic, etc.

Kenny, is that what'shisname's from igotasubaru? If so I think he wanted $2500 or so. It looked pretty great and seemed worth it.

A manual SS is a RARE thing..

And yeah, it's Gino. I know he wanted over $2k but I also know he has way more into it than he was asking. I've seen it in person. It is definitely awesome. It did have a few little things it still needed done. But they were inexpensive and easy fixes.

I'm doing a 3.3l. The ez30d (the first 3.0) is only good for for 200 hp stock. The 30r is better for about 30-40 hp dependent on configurations. But both motors are good fits for the bd engine bay. If you want forced induction, your looking for forged internals and the amount that you spend, you could have almost any turbo 4 swap.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Turbo ing the 25 isnt the best route. It will be slow and unreliable. I have met more than a few people who have lopped turbos on the 25 and none were proud of it.

Joel, are we talking the EJ25D here? Yea, that's the word if you start reading any of the stickies on the second Gen forums. It's really best to just rid yourself of the EJ25D the first chance you get AFTER doing all of the performance Suspension and brake upgrades that you can get. The Legacy has a ton of potential. But, you my friend are taking the road less traveled using the EG33 motor from the SVX. I'm just interested to see what you do with the dash and speedo in the end...

what do you mean the dash and speedo? they all work just fine. no tach right now. waiting on my dakota digital adapter.

and yes i was talking the 25d. its not really the best platform for modifying unless you are staying na. i think a 25/22 with some hot cams and a p&p job would make a great auto-x engine.

Speaking of EG33s, there is this shop called Metric Motors a bit north of where I live. I was checking out slcsubaru.com and they posted a few pics of an EG33 with twin turbos. I hope they don't mind that I am posting their pics here (link: http://slcsubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=118), but here is what it looks like (with only one turbo before they installed the second). Not a bad deal too. About $1800 w/harness, ecu, tuned. I may have to hit them up for some parts for my 22T. Iirc the EG33 was at least 400hp.

IMAG0485.thumb.jpg.9e32ae1cdb9802b2de30f93bf78f5119.jpg

IMAG0486.thumb.jpg.adcf891864d6c62025dd1297ca94ed87.jpg

IMAG0487.thumb.jpg.eebfffcffcfbe88a6fdc2aa179958de0.jpg

Archived