LegacyGT.com

Clutch pedal squeak?

Hey all just noticed a little squeak coming from the clutch pedal today. No unusual conditions to speak of that would have caused it (no launching etc.), and no symptoms other than the noise.

The sound is a definite squeak/creak while I press the clutch in, and a creak or a whirr while I let the clutch out- I noticed the whirr noise a couple times right after I shifted.

I have never heard of a problem like this, anyone have any guesses? I can go look at my car again if anyone has questions. I'll also be taking a vid next time I drive.

Just drove another few miles and noticed the transmission/drivetrain seems noiser, especially in 4th gear. Could this have something to do with the new tire I put on? It should be well within Subaru's spec of 2/32 treadwear tolerance

With the engine at idle, tranny in neutral, push in the clutch pedal and release it as fast as possible, side step the pedal and let the pedal slam to the top.

Tranny whining can sometimes be a rear wheel bearing going. My tranny is much quieter after I replaced the left rear wheel bearing.

lowwill I wouldn't bleed the clutch for your problem. There should be no reason to do that, unless you lost the fluid.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

With the engine at idle, tranny in neutral, push in the clutch pedal and release it as fast as possible, side step the pedal and let the pedal slam to the top.

Tranny whining can sometimes be a rear wheel bearing going. My tranny is much quieter after I replaced the left rear wheel bearing.

lowwill I wouldn't bleed the clutch for your problem. There should be no reason to do that, unless you lost the fluid.

What should I be looking for in the test you described first?

Wheel bearing was actually a thought of mine. Is there a way to check it visually?

EDIT: And as I've been driving, I noticed that the squeal is prominent as I get higher in first gear. From then it's inaudible/only audible when I shift.

Archived