LegacyGT.com

Replacing OBXT with LGT, need advice

Hey all, unfortunately my 06 OBXT was in an accident a week ago and is being declared a total loss; the good news is that I walked away luckily uninjured, so needless to say, will be getting another subaru. I'm set on a 4th gen LGT; I loved my OBXT but want something a bit different and am thinking of going with a MT sedan this time. Currently, I am trying to decide between these two:

'08 SpecB (bone stock)

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=91364&endYear=2013&modelCode1=LEGACY&showcaseOwnerId=64541779&startYear=1981&makeCode1=SUB&searchRadius=10&maxPrice=24000&minPrice=23000&listingId=321558752&Log=0

'05 LGT (modded)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ft-socal-2005-lgt-w-front-lsd-173366.html

Two different cars at two different price points. My thinking is, either get the LGT and sort of pick up right where I left off mod-wise with my car, or start over with a clean slate with the B. Looking for some advice and insights from fellow enthusiasts. Thanks.

Much $ you have?

Cash or through an loan?

I'd say spec b, newer and you can add what you like or want to it

but if you can't afford it then the 05 should be fine as he/shes a member on here so...

I'm still waiting on the settlement from insurance, which should be roughly what the 05 is listed at. For the spec, I may have to get a small loan, but would try to pay it off asap.

The 05 does not feel like a new car but was maintained flawlessly.

The spec felt like a new car. It's gonna be tough to start over from square one with a stock car though; but on the other hand, I get to do everything over with the knowledge I gained on my previous build.

If I got the spec, I'd throw a set of swaybars, a DP, and my set of summer wheels/tires I have in the garage and just (try to) be happy for awhile.

Yea that's my main issue right now. The owner of the B doesn't seem very flexible on the price at all, he said he knows it will sell at that price and that they don't come up for sale very often at all.

In his defense, the car is immaculate. I still think it's about 1-2k overpriced though. If you consider the convenience though, it's 2 miles from my house.

Why do lgt's have to be so tricky to find in socal??

Lack of bad weather lol.

I would pay no more than 23k for that spec.B but would feel more comfortable at 22k given its miles. 60k on a 4 year old car isn't bad but it's not low either.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I agree, I would love for it to be 22. I would be ok with 23. I will say though, in terms of condition it looks like it rolled off the showroom floor, and there are complete maintenance records.

If he won't budge, it comes down to, do I want to pass the car up, when I need a car, over that 1k?

I'll go against the grain here and say the 05 is worth a good close look. If it has in fact been maintained as well as he claims, it's a good deal with a lot of goodies. As much as I prefer the 08 styling, my 05 Outback has been pretty good to me and I don't think I'd hesitate to consider a well maintained 05.

Anyone else have their $.02 to throw at me? I just heard today from insurance that they are allowing me to pull the parts off my obxt at the salvage yard as long as I replace them with oem and leave a "complete" car. So that's good news. Fingers crossed my coils aren't damaged.

Archived